Key binding C172 Radio panel lights, glare shield pedestal lights

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a way to assign keys to control those lights dimmers in the c172? Can’t find the events in fsuipc7.

Thank you all

Nevermind, I figured it out.

In case that will help someone.

Example for light panel knob and radio lights

-Set the key you would like to assign
-Light potentiometer Dec ( to reduce light )
-Parameter3 ( it’s the parameter for the panel light )

Panels light (instruments): PANEL_LIGHTS_ON/OFF, MSFS:LIGHT_POTENTIOMETER_SET param 3
Radio light (GPS buttons):MSFS:LIGHT_POTENTIOMETER_SET param 7

Works fine for me. I will use 2 dual encoders sending to a keyboard emulator.

For the rest I can only toggle those atm…

Glareshield lights (panel): MSFS:GLARESHIELD_LIGHTS_POWER_SETTING_SET param=1
Pedestal lights: MSFS: PEDESTAL_LIGHTS_ON/OFF, MSFS: PEDESTAL_LIGHTS_POWER_SETTING_SET param=1
Flood lights:MSFS:CABIN_LIGHTS_POWER_SETTING_SET, MSFS:LIGHT_POTENTIOMETER_SET param 13

instrumentlight

2 Likes

You had posted a solution - wasn’t it correct?

oops, my bad. it s back now.

Just to get to know how I can help myself same as you did: How did you find this?

1. I do not find this events in the documentation
  2. how do you find out the corresponding paramters values?

And: How to use the “SET” values with an Encoder as there is no INC/DEC for Glareshield?

For the Glare shield and pedestal. I could only turn it on/off. Set the glareshield at a desired intensity and then go to FSUIPC atrribute your key and Glareshield light set. It will now turn on at this intensity. So far this is the only way I managed to make it working.

I found the values in another forum the guys extracted those with Spadnxt. But you can also find them by activating the console in FSUIPC and moving the knob you want the value from.

Also I have not tested all the parameters yet, for example, Light potentiometer inc/dec parameter 1 was controlling the landing light intensity… It’s got to be somewhere

Hello,

I’m just starting. Could anybody help me with setting it up, using Streamdeck and Lorby’s aao or Flightracker.

Thanks
Jörg

Thank you for your insight. I was able to get the panel and radio lights working with my rotaries. However, for the cabin light and glare shield light, these settings only allow me to turn those lights off using a button press. You say that you use this same setting to toggle them on? Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you.

I don’t know what they are offhand, but there are 2 variables attached to the light pots. One is an on/off Boolean to turn the power to the circuit on and off (which you seem to have found). There’s another separate variable that needs to be assigned to control the power on the circuit from 0 to 1. That controls the intensity of the lights. You’d have to dig into the SDK and the behaviors tab in dev mode to find what they are.

Thank you so much for your prompt response. But if you do not mind my pursuing this with you a little further…In Dev Mode, I can see that there are Lvars along with values for Cabin, Glareshield, and Pedestral, but trying to control each using ipc.writeLvar has no affect. In FSUIPC, I am not sure what it is I need to look for in the console. Any further assistance you can provide would be most appreciated.

Unfortunately, I don’t use FSUIPC, so I don’t know how to get it working with those vars.

is this usefull for non-key assigned movements/action?
i want to build a F14 cockpit, buth some thing (crew visibility, ladder, canopy…)
haven’t got a key and work only with toggling switches in virtual cockpit. I want to know a way to keybind them.

thx

If I remember correctly there were a few issues with lighting in the default C172, as I was trying to bind variables to keys using spad.next and some things like glareshield would not work no matter what. However when I switched to WBSim C172 (which is as study level as possible), everything worked like a charm and now everything is controllable externally without using the mouse.