Key binding in Bravo throttle Autopilot for 787 Dreamliner

I spent a lot of time seeing Youtube videos to learn how to bind the Bravo autopilot button to the 787 Dreamliner autopilot system, but no luck to set it up. I’m new in MSFS2020 came from X-Plane 11 (experit in X Plane 11), any help or advice how to make it work.

Using PC, i9 10850k, 2080Ti, SSD.

Hello @ThePilot8452 ,

welcome to the MSFS forum.

Your topic was moved to the #self-service:peripherals category to improve visibility and because no specific bug was mentioned.

The bug is the Autopilot button, Heading, VS, Alt, are not accepting to bind to the Bravo Throttel Quadrant Autoplt panel push button. This is a bug and it needs to fix, the key binding in X-Plane 11 is useful and easy to do it.

Did you try to reset the key bindings to default?
This should get the autopilot keys set-up correctly.
No external binding related software should be used and run in the backgroud for testing.
For example you can set-up and download software for your quadrant here for X-plane, but MSFS does not require any software for the keys to work!

Without further information like if the bindings work in other planes or screenshots of your bindings or a video, it is difficult to help. Currently I am unaware of any other reports regarding such an issue, so until there is more detailed information available what exactly goes wrong, I would not classify this issue as a bug yet, since most users do not seem to have any issues and the known issues do not mention any known problems with the peripheral.

Make sure that the filter is set to ALL when assigning new functions to the various buttons.

1 Like

I’m not sure that this is still the case, but the default settings for the Bravo used to be somewhat buggy.

One issue was that when turning the selector knob to VS, it not only prepped the other rotary knob for vertical speed adjustments, it also activated the A/P VS mode.

Another issue had to do with one of the axes not working in the planes, although it behaved correctly in the configuration menus.

There are YouTube videos by “Rmag” explaining it all.

1 Like

@hendis55
You are right.
I was only aware about the problem with one of the throttles using the default config,
but as these issues were near the peripherals release, I thought they were fixed in the meantime.
I would have to check the past update notes though.
Nevertheless, almost all(if not all) autopilot keys should work when using the default settings, especially HDG and ALT functions.

Edit: Just checked. E.g. the unresponsive axis was fixed:

According to this the

• Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant default preset has been added (GA Twin engines configuration,

so it should properly work for GA Twin engines planes and may have to be adjusted for other planes, but the auto pilot bindings should largely stay the same as far as I am aware.

Always the filter was on “All”.

I followed Rmag’s videos, but unfortunately did not help in my case in 787. He was talking in TB390 I believe.

You need to use a 3rd party App like SPAD.neXt to assign the custom H:Events that the 787 uses… especially if you are going with the Salty Mod as well…

Can you share the download link for these apps?

https://www.spadnext.com/home.html

http://www.fsuipc.com/

Thank you.

I distinctly remember two short videos explaining the throttle 2 axis and VS mode issues with the default configuration and how to fix them.

The TBM one was about how you could move the throttle handle between the right and left sides with the propeller axis. Unfortunately, this no longer seems to work.