Key West (KEYW) Update Freezes on Download

An update for KEYW was released yesterday. It gets stuck at the end of the update download and freezes the entire sim. Need to close the FS 2020 app with Task Manager. Tried deleting from content manager and downloading again but same thing. Always freezes up at end with “Please Wait” message. This happened once before with a KIAD update which eventually got fixed. Not sure if this is a problem with update itself or something server side. Frustrating.

Did you try removing the folder that KEYW was in, and then redownloading the entire package?

Dowloaded this update this morning (02/27 09:00 GMT in Western Europe)
No problem at all.
Sorry to hear of this.

Yes. First deleted it via the Content Manager but then verified to make sure the directory in the packages folder was also gone. Really strange–gets all the way to the end and then completely freezes. The machine is fine but FS is frozen. Task Manager shows 1% CPU and no network or disk access. Tried 4-5 times now with no luck. Even did a Scandisk on the drive to make sure all was ok. Incidentally, the update for TNCM and Seattle Landmarks which were also released yesterday worked just fine.

Do you have any data limiting on?
Was the install in the “official-one store” file?

No data limiting and installing to the default Official-OneStore directory with all the other packages.

This is the 2nd time this has happened — it eventually fixed itself before with KIAD but do wonder what the cause is.

Thanks for trying.

It really looks like it downloaded everything. Right before it freezes it flashes “decompressing” twice and then locks. When I restart FS, Content Manager lists it as installed.

If I check the properties on the fsdreamteam-airport-keywest folder I get size of (868MB) 910,755,907 bytes, 318 files, and 20 Folders.

Do those numbers look similar to yours?

Size : 868 Mo (910 755 907 octets)
Size on disk : 897 Mo (941 096 960 octets)
318 Files, 20 Folders
Seems to match…

Give the sim a try, and let us know!

Seems to work! Does not inspire much confidence–I’ll certainly wonder the next time I get a CTD.

Thanks for the help.

1 Like

I had this too… Once I closed the sim using Task Manager and restarted it, the update didn’t show up as needing a download, so I assume it completed and then froze.

This is one of many reasons Marketplace is broken. It’s pretty terrible to use right now.

Misery loves company! If others are having the problem, it is likely a problem with the marketplace and not just that my install is turfed.

2 Likes

It’s not you.
The MS Store is generally regarded as “temperamental”.

Indeed!

Meanwhile, the Key West scenery pack (hopefully, properly installed) is actually really nice. Enjoyed flying between all the Florida Keys at low altitude in the ICON A5. Pretty cool area and I have a few of the local scenery packs. Once you get past all the FS quirks, it really is remarkable. Can’t remember the last time I got this much enjoyment from a few hundred bucks.