Keyboard commands

Here is a complete Key Command List of AVAILABLE commands. I used the sim’s in-game key command list as a reference. I did this by hand, but it should be accurate.

[https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oa9MTE7uvwXwY_qu4ds7YASO5c0Hpt9uLOYlwJlJtyE/edit?usp=sharing]

5 Likes

On my keyboard NONE of these commands work.

I can use F7 to toggle the flaps down and F6 to retract them. I can use the arrows up and down, left and right to move inside cockpit. The P key does NOT start “Active Pause”.

Any suggestions?

Assuming the keyboard works properly in other apps.go to Controls and search on each of the ones that don’t work and confirm that they are assigned correctly or not.

I just checked mine and I had to set the “P” to active pause. It worked on earlier beta versions so the default must have been changed.

Try Restore to see if that changes and sets them properly.

If everything looks ok and it still doesn’t work then you should submit a ticket to zendesk.

The default is “pause”.
On my old Hewlett Packard keyboard I don’t have a dedicated Pause button. I have a button labelled:

Pause

Break

But I found by accident that the Trigger on my Sidewinder FF2 will pause the game.

There’s a lot of spreadsheets online with default keys assigned. I do not have a spreadsheet with keys assigned…well I do, but it’s a custom one that I’m in the process of putting together with my setup…

I made this list so that you could use it to keep track of custom key assignments and also search for functionalities that might be missing in the default keyboard layout.

1 Like

I was very dismayed to learn that there was NO Toggle Pause by default in FS2020

I too mapped my keyboard to P to Pause the sim and CTRL + P to restart it.

Problem here as others have said you cannot Toggle the Pause or P.

While I love so much of many new things, why they could not just map or have the ability to use built in Default FSX, or XP or the new FS2020 as options.

I wish there were 1 Universal Flight Sim keyboard mapping for the essentials at least but it is what it is.

If I press the P while in flight, the plane stops moving but time doesn’t.

If I press the P again, it resumes flight.

I gotta ask the Microsoft team here: why in the hell was this so ■■■■ hard to dig up?

I remember way back when MSFT had a keyboard guide that came with the physical copy of FSX. This one is the complete opposite and I’ve been guessing my way through controls

Anyone know what Skip RTC does?

1 Like

Hi all, can someone tell me what keyboard shortcut is there to open the airplane door? Thank you

The default aircraft don’t have operating doors. Some 3rd party planes do have doors that work though.

Hi, thanks for your reply. However, I saw on a screenshot, a Daher TBM 930 with the right door open.

Thanks a lot, @Bozone74, this is exactly I wanted to do, now I can do my own commands assignments list thanks to your work.
Best wishes

Hi there! is there a keyboard shortcut or command to synchronize HDG to current heading?
Best regards!

Hello. Does anyone know the wiper command. Can be assigned to any button on the joystick?

This is some sort of IQ test to weed out the hard of thinking perhaps, because I thought I had got pretty good at setting stuff like this up, on some fairly complex sim keyboard/controller configs - F4 BMS, various IL2 sims, DCS, X-Plane and so on - but what they all had was some sort of manual & command list. This seems to be a huge list of random keystrokes mainly designed to operate an airliner and a drone camera with some other stuff thrown in for good measure. I would love to see how pit builders are coping.

Thank you for this Guide, I found a small error in the Autopilot description. msfs2020 keyboard_util_large_fixed

2 Likes

thank you very much! very helpful.

Did you ever find out what “Skip RTC” does?

1 Like

Same question… why doesn’t anyone answer this?

1 Like