Keyboard/mouse unavailable after reconnect

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

When USB keyboard and mouse are disconnected while the game is running, the game will not be able to use them after reconnect.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

• Connect keyboard and mouse to a KVM or USB hub
  • With the game running, disconnect the hub or switch to another device
  • Reconnect or switch back
  • The game will no longer accept input from mouse or keyboard.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU 10

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

ANY change to USB devices is disastrous. I used to get CTDs from it, now it just pauses a long time. I haven’t seen this specific issue because i have been very careful not to disturb things while the sim is running, or else. It’s similar to the issue of having no audio if you unplug/replug a usb headset. whatever the sim is doing with USB peripherals needs a good rewrite.

I am using a KVM switch built into the monitor to switch between private and work systems, so this becomes really obvious when I want to do something like download an update or just try something in a few minutes of downtime. It also means I can’t really enable display power saving since that will eventually force a switch to whatever other input on the monitor is active.