Keyboard navigation broken for Ready To Fly and to Exit Configurations

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
Ye, no changes

Brief description of the issue:
Keyboard navigation has been changed and no longer works the same for some menus. Requires constant use of the mouse.

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Start a new flight. When the flight starts I was able to hit “Enter” to start the flight. Now I have to manually hit the “Ready to Fly” yellow button with the mouse. I use a projector and this button is off the screen. Being able to hit Enter, makes this more accessible,

Also when going into the configuration menus hitting ESC key, I was able to exit hitting ESC key again.
Now I have to go to the bottom and click the options. This also a problem because using a projector this menus are cut off. Basic keyboard navigation should still exist and not depend on the mouse the whole time.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
No

There is ENTER key assigned by default to the Fly command. After loading the flight we cannot start the flight now by hitting ENTER anymore after SU5. Instead, we have only the option to mouse-click on the yellow button “READY TO FLY” now.

P.S. I tried to substitute ENTER with another key but without success…

Not sure if it’s related, but I used to just hit Enter to confirm fight and game exit rather than mouse clicking, and these don’t work either.

they also removed ESC to resume flight after pausing with ESC to menu … they broke this thing beyond imagination

2 Likes

I found a work around for that:
Press to focus on “READY TO FLY” button, and then press enter
This worked for me

I have the same problem, does anyone have an issue regarding this?

What are you pressing to focus? I tried “tab” but doesn’t work. Thanks!

I used the arrow keys (Right arrow precizely)
but CAUTION that only works for the “Ready to Fly” button. I’m still having issues to:

• resume a flight
    confirm to go to home menu
  • confirm to reset the actual flight

hope it helps

1 Like

Thank you! that helps a ton at least for now! I felt like I tried everything. Good find!

Im having same issue after ending a flight and shutting down aircraft i hit the escape key and cant move back to main menu
The bugs in this game are killing me

I am having problems witth the keyboard too.
Despite the arrows do work for me when I use them a sound is displayed like the one that sounds when you turn on or off the lights. So what’s the joke?

F2 to reduce ths speed is not working, if I get inside the cockpit and I reduced the power with my mouse I doesn nothing either. VERY annoying

Why can’t the controls set up/configuration by the user be respected?

How can this be fixed?

#5 is suppoused to keep the flight straight of banking at a certain desired angle but no, sometimes it works other simply cause the complete uncontrolable bank of the plane. Why?

These situations are so irritating specially when you check everything and all is set up as you want but not working. Pff

Hi guys , same bug , the escape key. hit doesn’t bring the bottom menu key for any action on menu such as control … on flight with Kuro 788 nor any other a/c l need help please, running the latest update
Rusty 55