King Air 350i eXtreme Review - by Perfect Flight Discussion

When I read the marking brief the hour or came out, it did not say it came with a plane, just improved scenery over Cuba. and some liveries, some which already appear free from other sites, but that’s another story. No, it was not stated coming with a plane.

There is no scenery in this package. Clearly even you are confused.

Read my emails above, simmarket specifically stated THIS IS A PLANE. There is no argument here.

10 Likes

I noticed this on the market and assumed it was just liveries and missions as no way anyone would sell a new King Air model for that cheap. Was it listed under the ‘MSFS AIRCRAFT’ tab before? Anyway, it’s poorly tagged and misleading shovelware. As for the Avsim Mod that’s about what I expect from the boomer clubhouse that is Avsim.

4 Likes

Thanks for the warnings. I make sure to stay away from buisnes with anyone involved in this mess. including the market that sells it. The way it was advertised its clearly a very shady way of description imo and then you have the theft of Asobos model. Hope Asobo put some serious juridical bump on these guys so their scamming days are over.

3 Likes

Ah yes, SimMarket customer support.
They are pretty worthless and can’t admit fault even if you catch them red handed, with their hand still in the cookie jar… I had a pretty heated exchange with them over another product (Vienna Landscape) that has since been removed because it contained Google photogrammetry… Clueless, trained monkeys.

I really wonder if you can just take anything, write up a fancy blerp, attach a few fake pictures and sell it on their market for price X - there seems to be no QA/Standards/Guidelines or curation happening…

As for OP: I would try and reverse the charge via paypal or your card company…

3 Likes

For that low, low price(!) they have thrown away any credibility they might have hoped to get with this. Their name is tarnished, and with any luck will never recover. Keep an eye out for the developers attempting to return under a different name at some point.

I know all third party vendors are not like this, but this does reinforce by decision to not buy anything from anywhere other than the official store. It’s just not worth the risk. They should have done better checking of what they were selling. And to distribute someone elses work, including that of MS/Asobo is disgraceful.

2 Likes

Thing is, it does come with a plane - Asobo’s KingAir! Which is maybe where the confusion from some of the market places is coming from, if they take a cursory look at the package it does actually contain a plane so they’ll file it in the Aircraft section.

3 Likes

Looks like Simmarket have pulled the KingAir from their site, which is a start.

1 Like

yeah, last emails were:

Perfect Flight Project
Date: 10/23/2020

Pending Please if the Customer is unhappy with the product, refund it.
Thanks.
MM

Olaf - Support

Forwarded to Vendor: He is not only unhappy he accusses you to have included copyright protected material from Asobo. what do you say about this? Do you have a licence from Asobo or Microsoft? Unless we received an answer from you and you shown us a licence agreement or removed any material from other developers from the download file and amended your product description we have to remove your product from sale.

9 Likes

Go Trevo! :slight_smile:
At least you didn’t have to argue with the vendor to convince them they installed “some” switches upside down! :rofl:
If you have any complaints on the interior on this one…see AS/MS. :wink:
Maybe you should have gone at it from that angle…complain that the fuel gauges were not round and see what kinda’ reply you got from the vendor. (hehe…I crack myself up). :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m guessing Perfect flight is a sponsor?

Probably not, it’s just avsim being avsim: bunch of power tripping mods that absolutely love rules lawyering.

Good video and good on you for calling them out.

4 Likes

The thread, or a thread, has been unhidden on avsim.

Can’t believe Microsoft of all people would allow an asset swap of Asobo’s own work on their own store. Like, people, do some basic file checks damnit. This is beyond crazy.

1 Like

I’m making a point of only going through Marketplace now. Overpriced poorly optimized addons with FSX largely killed it for me.

After re-consideration AVSIM agrees that the community should see this and un-hid the post.

Everyone makes mistakes and they were under the impression that I was showing how to hack a default model. AVSim handled it well in the end.

4 Likes

UPDATE: Developer’s response to including Default Copyrighted Asobo Assets

Perfect Flight Project

Pending Product included default elements only to make easy the installation. However, i am preparing a new setup file wich includes only textures folder, with no default material. I will inform you when i uploading new zip file .
Thanks
Marco

2 Likes

LOL do they still believe in the easter bunny?
That’s the hill they wish to die on now?

Just when you think this couldn’t get any dumber…

2 Likes

LOL…so that really helps. :roll_eyes:
I’m glad his motivation to include “default elements” in his payware package was to “make easy the installation”.
Heck…all the freeware painters have been doing it all wrong! They should ALL be doing this and cashing in, praying on, taking advantage of (pick your choice of the last 3 options)…new simmmers who were clearly led to believe this “package” included a new model of the plane.
Great work @trevoC655…keeping the community informed is a noble cause, and we appreciate your continued efforts!

3 Likes

So Marco you’ve been caught out, now your removing Asobo’s aircraft from your product, are you still gonna sell other devs hard work? Suggest you pack up and get the ■■■■ out a dodge

3 Likes

Both @trevoC655 and I have found that shady devs pick inexplicable hills which to die on, mostly because they have backed themselves into a corner with their previous outlandish behavior, and this hill, as silly as it seems, is one of the few (if only) they have left, with the water slowly creeping up to their feet. :slight_smile:

1 Like