King Air 350i & SPAD

Has anyone got a SPAD profile for the Asobo King Air 350i?

tia

I could upload some snippets if you’d like, but I did end up just using some MSFS default mappings for my Bravo (condition levers mostly, IIRC) - so my SPAD mappings are basically just whatever I figured was useful for myself in terms of switches etc.

1 Like

Currently my my condition levers are using MSFS hardware mapping. I would like to get moved over to SPAD. Thanks for the offer.

Is it the default King Air? I think the condition levers use Bvars - I’m not sure Spad can handle that?

The current version of SPAD can read and map Bvars. At least the ones that are exposed.

2 Likes

Yes, and it has made things so much easier now.

1 Like

Well it took 10hrs to figure out that it’s the same as the BlackSquare 350. I would rather fly than have to deal with this stuff.

A very easy way to find things like this out, unless you happen to have some prior knowledge gained from experience with this under-the-hood stuff, is to use dev. mode, and CTRL+G.

Enable dev. mode, which I do for every new plane I fly that I am going to set up a new SPAD profile for, open the “Behaviors” window from the top menu, hover the mouse over an interactable element, and press CTRL+G.

In the behaviours window you will some new items appear, a kind of layered menu system. I don’t remember the labels off the top of my head, but one of them has “update” in it’s name, and that is typically the one I go to. It will show snippets of code pulled from the planes config files.

Sometimes these won’t work, but the thing you need will be in one of those menus. Sometimes its an LVAR, sometimes a SimConnect or Bvar event. But what you need will be there.

The alternative is to use SPAD’s built in ability to grab snippets for a single button, whole device, even an entire profile, for a given plane. Users like ourselves can publish these, once you link you SPAD account to their Discord, and make our own creations available to others.

I prefer to go through the process myself, as I’ve used some online ones before, and found some very odd choices. For example, one had the gear lever set up to enable/disable the parking brake. There may have been conditionals on that item so it only did that on the ground, and when the wheels are up raise the gear, but you would still need to toggle that lever to put it in the right state, so I overwrote >90% of what they had configured with my own.

For the condition lever, I found the default Asobo bindings were good enough, and most devs. are allowing the use of the mixture axis to control the condition lever, without any SPAD configuration needed.

3 Likes

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I also have been using the default Asobo bindings. I just wanted to have all “my” aircraft to be using SPAD. For no particular reason I might add.

1 Like

The only thing I use SPAD for in the default 350i because it cant be bound in sim is the windshield whipers. Fat lotta good that does me.

With the HC Bravo is there a way to span the levers 100-0 … 0 being the detent. And then span the detent -1 to -50 or something like that?

tia

After todays update the B variable B:FUEL_1or2 _Condition_Lever is not there any more.
They were back this morning.
Fueled up, got my FPL, got clearance, got airborne and at that point realized condition levers were not working correctly went into SPAD and the B variables were gone.
They are missing from my saved variable list and aren’t discoverable.

Three and a half years ago I came in to the sim with the KA350 being my favorite aircraft. Condition Levers did not work and could not feather props. Three and a half years later it’s still in the same shape and it has the worst GPS system in the sim. The only twin turbo native to MSFS.

Sorry for the rant…