King Air C90 by BT Studio

Requested refund, as it’s junk, and not fit for purpose

1 Like

@Jummivana I agree with Jeremy. When we asked Jorg regarding the quality of marketplace products, he said that it is not Microsoft’s job to curate the marketplace. Shouldn’t Microsoft at least make sure that the products work before selling it to the customers? Over the long term no one would trust marketplace if this practice continues.

11 Likes

This is the only storefront that does this, and.i honestly cant figure out why. It certainly seems shady. One of several reasons why i try not to buy from marketplace

3 Likes

This is the thing… I can see their point about not curating products. BUT they should not sell products that simply DO NOT WORK. It’s plane that doesn’t fly! Literally.

I want to know if any testing is ever done on this. How does NO ONE notice that it doesn’t fly? Or that the MFD doesn’t work because it says Incompatible Livery. And if it’s based on Working Title CJ4, how can it be incompatible with it?

7 Likes

I’m pretty much over it. There are other good sources (Just Flight comes to mind) for aircraft and airports.

3 Likes

No one is asking ASOBO to Curate the planes. But they need to make sure they work. When you walk in to your store, I dont expect them to say well this product is garbage this isn’t, that’s up to you…but I expect them to not sell non working products or out of date food for example, someone has to check this?

Otherwise its just open to abuse.

2 Likes

Will this be a watershed moment for the Ingame store?

They normally take weeks to upload an update, even after it has been submitted to them by a developer.

What if that happens here? Will they continue to sell a non-functional product to an unsuspecting audience?

This must become a wake up call to whomsoever is running this storefront.

12 Likes

One thing i like about DCS is that everything is curated. There are aircraft that arent really all that interesting, and some go through prolonged or tumultuous growing pains, but even the lowest quality module still has a standard to meet. I have all the aircraft there, and theres nothing i bought that i felt was junk or a cash grab. With MSFS tho, its largely hit or miss, and sometimes it seems mostly miss, because no quality standards are enforced . I guess anyone can get ahold of the sdk and call themselves a developer? This may net some cash upfront for MS, but i wonder what the long term effects of this hands off approach will be.

By selling garbage in the marketplace , asobo and MS are making themselves complicit. By selling trash, it implies tacit approval and shows a real disregard for their player base. How many times will folks get burned by buying junk till they decide stacking their money in a pile on the table and setting fire to it is a more productive use of their time and money instead of this sim?

10 Likes

I don’t think it will change. They have swerved it by saying it’s not their job. They don’t care, they needs the Devs ionside and the Devs need the store.

There is no passion in this or pride. God if I was in charge the Dev would be given a day to fix then removed and perma banned.

They are killing their own store.

7 Likes

I would. Someone should. In no way is it made clear anywhere that theres a separation between asobo and the marketplace . Its about as obvious as if the content manager were a separate entity .

Once your name (or your products name) is on it, you own it. If you sell garbage within your sim, thats a reflection on your sim

7 Likes

I believe Amazon isn’t responsible for “working” products that are offered in their store. They don’t “curate”.

BUT they do have an excellent refund process. E.g, “doesn’t meet product description.” Maybe something like this is worth considering for MSFS.

Alternatively have a team of ‘Trusted Reviewers’ here in the community. People like @BostonJeremy77 comes instantly to mind. Have them pretest and provide feedback for acceptable products prior to entry into the Marketplace.

5 Likes

the bare minimum they could do if they want a ‘hands off’ approach is offer refunds on things bought in the marketplace, even if that money is locked into the mqrketplace at least there would be some way of not wasting money on the garbage they spew out onto their market then update weeks later.

if they can delay updates by weeks they can delay releases by weeks to at least do a 5 minute test on things.

1 Like

It’s not.

What’s more shocking is that this airplane is apparently a Marketplace exclusive and presumably somebody somewhere gave the green light to put it on there.

6 Likes

That tells you that it’s using the stock King Air sounds. There’s a mod out for the Emb-110 that does the same thing and you get the same announcement when you apply electrics.

2 Likes

MarketPlace exclusive just means the seller only wants to sell through it, nothing more. The reason is just anti-piracy motivated and not an indication of “quality”.

2 Likes

exactly.

it’s just a way to hide negative reviews until enough people buy in.

marketplace exclusivety now just means ‘trap newcomers into wasting money’ mscenery, bredok3d and BT studio have each one upped eachother on trying to prove it.

4 Likes

What a let down, I was looking forward to flying a C90 in MSFS.

4 Likes

Well right now a non working product is being sold. And how many people are going to buy this and have issues?
How long till it’s fixed? If ever?

Will this mess even be acknowledged?

1 Like

it’ll take at least a week or two after an update is developed for it to be released, BT studios is known for fire and forget addons, it’ll be like this for a long time, sadly they’ll probably milk Xbox players for their money later this month and just ditch it like they did with the Kitfox.

Out of interest.

If a product like this uses elements of Asobo’s King Air (as somebody has suggested that the audio may be) and elements of the Working Title simulations project is the inclusion of that content done under some form of paid licence? Does it indicate some affiliation with Asobo (who’s content is being used along with one of Asobo’s partners content is being used) or is the use of that content for commercial gain actually piracy?

Because if it’s not, could I basically just create a rubbish mash up of in game assets and some other stuff I’ve stolen from other creators, submit it to Microsoft/Asobo who will then happily post it up on their Marketplace and sell it for me?

This whole “we don’t curate” thing is going to be fun for the Xbox users to navigate.

2 Likes