Kitfox flight model patch

You are a genious !!! We just need to edit the “OneStore\fs-base-aircraft-common\ModelBehaviorDefs\Asobo\GlassCockpit\AS3X_touch.xml” and it’s back.

Just copy paste the template, and rename the copy:

3 Likes

It may be possible to have an extra file loaded (not sure with the others as drm)
I’m gonna give it a try

I think this might indeed work, had not thought of copying the new template as the old one as I was busy with some other projects.
I think it’s possible to include the template file with the right name into bagolu’s mod and put it in the right place via the virtual file system, Then it will still be working when the sim updates. (but it also can break things when they change the template)
Also needs some testing if it will still work with the WT mod.

1 Like

Good news !!!

I’ve managed to update the mod : the g3x patched file should be in :
ModelBehaviorDefs/Asobo/GlassCockpit/AS3X_Touch.xml

I’ve also managed to change things so it is not necessary to modify the kitfox layout file (using references) but it creates another plane (custom liveries will have to be adapted)

3 Likes

V.0.8 is out thanks to you guys !

Fixes :

• G3x blank screens
  • pilot avatar in T position on LOD0

Install / update notes :

• patching layout.json on the original plane is not required anymore
  • please remove any existing mod and reinstall if necessary the kitfox
  • see README file
5 Likes

Thanks, now it’s useful … finally! Great job! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pros & cons of my method :

• pro: nobody has to edit the files in OneStore\fs-base-aircraft-common
  • cons: I’ll have to update the kitfox mod each time this file will be updated by Asobo in the sim, or all the planes using g3x will be impacted
4 Likes

The revised Kitfox is now quite a strong player in the field of bush-flyers, it’s worth keeping an eye on. It’s a pity that the creator abandons a pretty good project. THX again :slight_smile:

That will be a con only if the SU6 doesn’t break other things in the Kitfox :joy:

And if that happens, and you don’t have the time to update it, we can apply workarounds :slight_smile:

The plane gets destroyed before exiting the yellow zone in the IAS meter … and It doesn’t make any noise advertising you are close to structural damage.

After SU6 screens are dark and pilot is hanging from out the cockpit.
It isn’t nice.

This was like this after the previous update :confused:

Just discovered this today. Thank you so much for this patch @bagolu ! Great work, this has made a previously un-flyable aircraft, flyable and fun again! While it is a shame that a developer would take our money and abandon a product like this (shame!!!), it is a true testament to our awesome community here, that people such as yourself, make the outstanding effort to fix things like this, and share it back. Thanks again!!! :sunglasses: :+1:

I didnt’t know it was still working !
I must admit I abandonned this patch

1 Like