Knob Controls (with gamepad)

Not sure if this affects PC as well when using a controller, although it might. I play on Xbox.

I suppose this is more an issue than a bug, but when turning knobs on the dashboard, it’s pretty easy for them to turn the values all the way up to maximum/minimum the moment to move the stick one way or another to start rotating them. On autopilot, this happening when entering the vertical speed rates can suddenly put the plane on a dangerous climb/dive, if the instruments go from 0 to something like -99,999 at the touch of a button.

Or perhaps I’m doing something wrong. But I only have this problem when using control knobs. In planes where the same function is performed with regular buttons, it’s much easier to enter the right values.

I found by accident you can use the trigger buttons to change the values once you click on what function you want. I hated using the stick because I had that issue to. It’s way better and you can use the triggers with the stick to scroll the figures even faster.

Oh man. That sounds like the perfect way to do it. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi do you have a solution for the change of crs on the pfd in the Jmb VL-3? THANKS

Sorry I don’t, I’ve only ever flown that one once maybe a few weeks ago. I honestly don’t have a clue what the problem is, I can’t remember having problems with it. Does the plane deviate from its course during a flight? Perhaps this is a new issue since the last update. I certainly have had aircraft suddenly go off course and this my best solution. Switch to heading mode using the AP systems instead and you can bring it back into line.