KOAK by MSFSceneryBuilders

Has anyone tried this addon? I saw it on marketplace and was thinking about getting it to fix runway 30, but thats been fixed since SU8.

MSFSSceneryBuilders mass produce low quality airport’s, I would stay away from it

4 Likes

Thank you for the insight on the developer. Will probably stay away as long as the runway keeps working.

I bought this during the Black Friday ‘22 sale.

My expectations were very low, but given how poorly the default KOAK is rendered, I figured it was worth checking out.

The positives are the correctness of the buildings. The terminal is more accurate. The fire station is now a fire station rather than a car park. There are other airport structures now represented where there were none in the default airport.

The negatives are the parking/gate issues aren’t resolved as this airport is using the same assignments as the default. The static US flags “blowing” in the wind look pretty weird not being animated. There are low quality textures on some of the buildings, such as the FedEx cargo terminal.

For $8.99, it is okay. I wouldn’t want to pay more than that given that it seems like an FSX port.

My worst purchase
 Have a look at the monorail track and train And the grassed over taxiways. Also, it seems to break the ground ATC as you never get taxiways. And yes, the flags!

I do like the cargo/GA side better - some nice detail on the buildings and a small crowd of passengers waiting for local flights.

1 Like

I was just about to buy this. Thank you for saving me some $.

I’ve tried FSXScenery products since the FS2004 days because they were the only dev to publish my home airport, KCOS. Since MSFS came out, they now call themselves “MSFSceneryBuilders”. IMHO, low quality, inaccurate gate assignments and not worth any price. There is an actual video on YouTube showing how screwed up their version of KCOS is for MSFS. The airport has 12 gates, their version has 9. It sits on a mesa (which the RL version does not) and the north runways run into a hilltop. 2 years ago this was brought to their attention by others, including me, with a response it would be “fixed soon”. It will never happen. If you look at any of their sceneries, ALL of them state “Version 1”. Not a single mod to any. Don’t waist you money. Better freeware is available with no cost or frustration.

2 Likes

Anybody that is still looking for an upgrade to KOAK, check out my newly finished (and free) sceney package on flightsim.to

8 Likes