Kodiak 100 Autopilot Okay?

Just tried for a 2nd time to fly using the AP & the K100 had no interest in following the Flight Plan.
Anyone else experiencing this?
TG

Can you give a little detail on the before you engage part, and what exactly happens when you turn the AP on?

Also, do you have NAV mode on, and what’s your source (GPS or LOC) ?

As others have said, what would help is a screenshot of your cockpit and instruments at the time it is now perceived to be working.

You must be on the flight path in order for the GPS to follow it, not like the stock aircraft that automatically flies you to it.

1 Like

Below is a sequence of 6 shots that show the Kodiak engaging AP [shot 2]. It then proceeds to instigate a wide clockwise bootleg back behind the runway to end up tracking parallel to the flight plan, roughly 2 1/2 miles on the left side of the magenta line.
I have had this before in the Twin Otter & other aircraft in MSFS & I understand it may be an Asobo ‘thing’.
The flights I queried were in hilly terrain & it didn’t get time to perform the bootleg completely as terrain intervened.
Can you confirm it is an MSFS AP peculiarity?
TG

I’ve had this problem before on various aircraft. It seems to be due to the extra waypoints the sim adds such as TIMECLIMB. Evidently the autopilot insists on taking you there instead of the first waypoint you entered in the flight plan. It’s truly annoying.

You can either

1. let the autopilot take you there first
  2. eliminate the waypoint it via the flight plan menu on G1000
  3. deliberately activate the leg you want.
2 Likes

If you haven’t yet, I’d strongly recommend to try the G1000 nxi - it’s so much better and will eventually replace the stock G1000 anyways. Don’t know if it would fix the particular issue you are seeing, all I can say is that the AP and flight plan execution works flawlessly for me all the time…

2 Likes

Can you also show your flight plan (on the G1000).

The waypoints on the PFD (top left) show TIME → TIME

Not sure you have your FP loaded / activated properly.