Kodiak Close back door

quick q: is there a way to shut the passenger/cargo door from the PIC seat? it can be a hassle to try and move the camera all the way to the back and then guess-click around for the special mouse spot.

the blackbox bn-2 has it where there are some switches on the panel that control the doors so you don’t have to move. thanks!

1 Like

Edited Title to reflect aircraft type

1 Like

wondering this as well

1 Like

Here is a link to a thread that should answer your question.

2 Likes

That handle doesn’t exist in any versions other than the Skydive model. For the rest, you have to open and close the door the same way you would in the real thing - move back to the door.

1 Like

If you’ve got a full load of cargo that is easier said than done, haha

3 Likes

Why do you have to shut the passenger door? Aren’t all the doors closed by default when you spawn into the plane? Or have I been flying around with an open door all this time?

except that’s not true. you can close the door from the outside in the real thing. can you explain how to do that in the sim? because I’m unable to move the camera outside the plane as they’ve implemented the dreaded invisible wall.

You can use the drone cam to get to the door on the exterior (and the interior), but I’ve yet to figure out how to latch and unlatch the thing using my Xbox controller or mouse. I can use both on the interior if there’s no boxes in the way and I can see what I’m doing. But no dice from the exterior.

as far as i’m aware you can’t click parts of the plane in drone mode. could be wrong

That certainly would explain why I can’t open the door despite being able to highlight the latches. This is probably my main reason for wanting an EFB. I know some other folks in another thread were saying they neither wanted nor needed one; I just want one if only to open the doors from the pilot’s seat! :joy:

Why not simply setting up a custom view which moves you into the back?

Did you ever figure this out? Been trying to work out how to open/close the rear door too. You cant move to the back in cockpit view (not as far as I can tell, but someone prove me wrong please!). You cant use drone mode nor the exterior mode…

Use free look to turn your view sideways, then use the right or left arrow key on your keyboard to move sideways related to your viewing angle.

1 Like

got it. thanks!

I’m quite sure that I was able to open and close all the doors (I’m talking Kodak 100) even in showcase (drone) view. Now I don’t know what happened, I’m able to do that just in cockpit view. Was just my dream?
There is some thing that i have to set?
Many thank for your help

You were never able to operate them in showcase camera…as far as I recall you could only ever operate them when in cockpit view.

After some effort I was able to figure out what the SIM events used were and now have them bound to external switches on my Alpha yoke…makes opening the back door a lot easier!

Thank you. So no way to use any switch in showcase view. Could you open and close due rear door from the external view?

The only way to open / close the door is from the inside.