Kodiak in PNG

Man, landing on mountain side strips is very stressful :joy:

managed to scrub speed right at the end with a VS landing of around 69

fragile cargo (NeoFly) delivered!

4 Likes

I watch Ryan - the Missionary Bush PIlot - do these kinds of landings in his Kodiak, on his YouTube channel, often in very inclement weather, and I just think either he’s got the best job in the world or the man is insanely brave and skillful. Maybe both. Hauling precious supplies to tiny village airstrips doesn’t sound glamorous, but epic…? Yep. EPIC! :+1:

6 Likes

He makes it look so easy but skimming trees just to get onto the start of a short strip just in a sim is a relief to get down safe :scream:

1 Like

pls send me the Info for the aircraft bring to neofly

Many thx

Aah. I had a caravan in my hangar.

When I loaded into the game with the Kodiak and selected to fly a mission it just asked me if I wanted to swap. Selected yes and it put the Kodiak in my hangar ( I lost the caravan).

1 Like

Just watched Ryan’s latest video… wow. Takeoff and landing on soaking wet grass strips is intense. He mentioned in his comments section that he clears the trees on approach by five feet. That’s some amazing flying.

1 Like

I’ve queued that video up for watching next!

1 Like

In his payware video he said he has 2700 hours, 1700 of them in the Kodiak.

1 Like

Judging speed and distance is much easier in real life than it is at the 2D PC. Precise flying generally is easier in RW. What‘s harder though is the dynamic world, atmosphere and the risks. Wind is totally simplified in MSFS which is the main factor in flying. Every strip next to a tree line is prone to falling air, the mountainous strips in PNG are insane :smiley:

1 Like

That tail number….:ok_hand:t3: