KRNY-Renton ( DRZEWIECKI DESIGN) FPS Killer

Guys,
Have just installed the above airport via ORBX.
My system is a Ryzen 9, 5700X, RTX3080ti, 32 GB 3200mhz Ram. Windows 10.
Latest Nvidia Drivers installed, Win 10, latest version installed.
Sim FPS is locked at 30, VSYNC is on.
In general, I have been having a very smooth experience over all up to this point, with the sim.

However, I have a 30 to 40% FPS drop when loading up at Renton.
After reloading the sim, and selecting an alternate airport, FPS returns to a very stable 30.

I have read a few posts on this topic, however, I haven’t stumbled over any possible solutions, as yet, other than of course, the usual, “Turn your settings down”, (which I have played with, but gained no real increase in FPS).
Yes, I am aware this is a massive add on, with absolutely fantastic detail, however this massive FPS drop is a bitter pill to swallow.
Has anyone had a similar challenge, and found a solution/s that may reduce this reduction of FPS?

I get reasonable results at Renton with an RTX3080 and an I9-9900k with 32GB of Ram at a resolution of 3960 x 1200 so you should be able to get similar results.

I dont use V-Sync though so I dont lock my frame rate in the sim, it hampers performance in my case. Instead I manage my settings in the Nvidia control panel and set the vertical sync there to adaptive (half refresh rate) with a global max frame rate that I set to 60.

1 Like

I have the same scenery but a different PC (i7-11700KF, 32GB DDR4-3600, RTX 3070). It takes a long time (minutes) to load in, but I get 40 - 45 FPS running at 2560 x 1440 Ultra. The only thing I do is reduce Terrain LOD to 150 and Object LOD to 100 to keep Mainthread stutters to a minimum. I don’t use VSYNC, however. I have a G-Sync monitor and just let it adjust up or down as needed.

2 Likes

I run a way less capable machine and have no fps issues with that addon but it does start off sluggish during initial load otherwise I keep my LOD sliders not maxed out.

Someone told me on these forums that Drzewiecki scenery is not optimized and can get bad frame rates as in Chicago.

Thanks Gents for your comments and suggestions. I’ll through them into the blender and see what transpires. No doubt it is a fantastic package, so I’ll leave no stone unturned to try and get it up to speed…cheers again.

Try setting the in-game texture resolution to medium and then close and restart the sim. This made a huge difference for me.

Disclaimer: I don’t own Renton, but do own DD’s Chicago city pack. It performed horribly in VR until I lowered texture resolution from high to medium. I think the use of over-hyped 4k PBR textures is too much for CPUs / CPUs like mine.

i7 10700K, RTX 3070 FE, 32GB RAM, 1GB M.2 NVMe

Thanks mate…so far turning off photogammetry seems to help a lot…but you do lose some detail low down…but I’ll throw your tip into the blender and see what happens.
I am using a Samsung 4K 55" 60HZ TV…and have been reading that a decent/fast PC Monitor might squeeze more out of my RTX3080ti.
I’ve been looking at the Gigabyte Aorus FO48U as an option. Decisions, decisions… :beer: :beer: :beer: :duck:

Honestly this airport is pretty awesome but this area in the SIM runs like MUD. Just try the stock airport it’s almost worse and has no VIS blockers or anything to even help with performance. albeit the VRAM is null on autogen. I get it some of these airports are demanding but also some of them are placed down into areas that run absolutely TERRIBLE on the sim right now. Renton is one of those areas that just runs extremely poorly at ground level.

It’s really hard to benchmark some of these airports due to their location in the sim and how that area is currently performing at time of testing. I am hoping Asobo goes back and fixes the USA World Update as it’s just a mess now. I will reserve judgment until Asobo fixes stuff and until then yeah best to turn PG off in most of these trouble spots.

What really bothers me is USA used to run well. After Australia update performance just halfed in most of the busy areas and big hubs. I am still not sure if its PG or damaged mesh. Everywhere I look I see flickering assets and Z fighting on the Asobo mesh. Yet nobody else seems to even notice it.

I am having a very similar problem…have given up in this area, as every where else in the sim, I am achieving a very very smooth 30FPS. Just did a flight with a mate using JoinFS, (he is still on P3d V4.5) across Indonesia, settings all on Ultra…absolutely beautiful.

It’s annoying, as it’s my local area. Given where MS is based, it’s ironic that the Seattle area is such a performance hog. Heck, even FSX slogs with the details up there, 15 years after release…

Drzewiecki Design has very nice stuff but I just don’t buy anymore because I can’t enjoy them with the FPS hit. Maybe when they update I will be on board again. And I really wanted Renton :sleepy:

1 Like

Likewise…I’ll be deleting it until, hopefully, they sort out the FPS issue.

1 Like

The problem is not the airport (I have it also) but that is surrounded by 3 photogrametry cities which are less than 50km from it: Everett, Seattle and Tacoma. This is what kills performance. Since SU9 I had to disable the buildings photogrametry till they fix the massive performance loss caused by them. Prior to SU9 the loss was still high but at least you could fly over those areas. Now it´s impossible.

Any airport near a photogrametry city is a no go, no matter if it´s a third party or a stock one. Before SU9 I could fly over New York (includes several dense airports nearby) at 50fps. After SU9 I barely hit 30fps.

Cheers

1 Like

I’m currently getting performance issues with this airport and the culprit is photogrammetry with T LOD.

Turning off PG I’ll gain around 5-7fps but it will at least remove the stutters.

This is literally happening at every airport in the US with PG on.