Labels blanks in world map

As shown in the screen shot. there is nothing in my labels and they are not clickable where they should be for setting departure and arrivals.

This has been a bug for a long time on my system and I kept hoping it would just get fixed as I haven’t been using the sim much due to new family arrivals.

I9 5ghz. RTX3090 32gb RAM SSD 2TB/ HOTAS + SAITEK + Honeycomb + CH Products

does it happen in safe-mode and or without mods too ? Had you ever installed a map-replacement mod ?

Hi Micha

Thanks for the reply.

I did on release but I think any community mods were cleared out on one of the early upgrades. Everything else is from the store.

Just checked and the only thing in the community directory is the CRJ (which never finishes installing).

Otherwise as far as I can tell everything else works perfectly.

Had to look up safe mode and I’d never seen it. Apparently, it’s automatic after a crash, but mine never crashes. It runs flawlessly.

Community mods are not removed from the installer. The important mod what I have in mind, is these google-replacement-mod. In case you ever had that installed, please check your windows “hosts” file and clean that.

To force the question about the “safe mode” you can place a empty file “running.lock” ( currently not sure about ms-store folder locations, in steam its easy %AppData%\Micro…Flight… Sim… , beside the UserCfg file ). The existence of that file is the trigger.

Otherwise not really an idea, looks strange… also the colors etc… :thinking:

No, I manually removed them as per the upgrade instructions IIRC.

No I’ve never had that mod. The only one I had was a Cessna G1000 mode that connects to an Ipad based G1000.

I’ll try the safe mode thing now.

Also, it’s been like this for a long time I just haven’t had time to deal with it.

BRB

it also looks like, that the labels never go away, or ?

You can try to clean the usually stuff, like rolling-cache, etc… but not sure.

Well I tried the lock file and the installer started but wouldn’t do anything else but ask for permissions. Wierdly it moved by taskbar up to the top left hand screen (4 screens) so I restarted and it got stuck on restart.

Forced power cycle and everything started back up as it should

Still the same

Very odd… I will go through tomorrow and try defaulting the options.

the installer started ? :flushed:

I found in meanwhile the topic with the link for ms-store too:

But may be its somewhat with the multi-screen setup then.

Have you tried a clean uninstall of MSFS and then reinstall? Something may be corrupted.

Hi Hector, that would take forever as I have basically everything and the internet is not so good - it’s enough - but not quite good enough. TBH the problem isn’t worth the time it would take to do that.

Unfortunately, have a feeling that is your only resolve. :cry:

or I just ignore it and hope it will go away lol.

Exactly the same thing on triples 4K…unplayable

link of a related bug report ( empty white info boxes in a multimonitor setup ):

I am experiencing the same problem, and my equipment is similar. I’m running on a NVIDIA 3090 GPU with plenty of memory. I am displaying on three LG Ultra Gear monitors in surround at 4K (15,520 x 2,160). After trying everything I could think of with no success, I contacted NVIDIA and they provided links to one of their tools that cleaned out all my old NIVIDIA drivers. I then used their link to do a clean reload. It worked. The boxes disappeared, but when I increased the resolution back to 4K they reappeared again. They do disappear again if I lower the resolution. So, I am now able to use the World Map again, but there is clearly a bug in the module, because it only works at sub 4K resolutions.

Could users having same problem than OP provide their system resolution ?. Could be due to a too high resolution that the sim cannot handle.

I get this when I use my triple screen setup as one massive screen using nvidia surround. triple 4k makes it 11520x2160…it’s just too big of a resolution for the world map to work correctly.

The fix is either to switch to all separate displays and use the experimental “views” mode to get your triple screen views (which is the better way of doing it visually anyway).

Either that, or, if you must use a res higher than 4k (as nvidia surround does give better fps than 3 separate 4k renders), you can simply alt+enter to switch to windowed mode when you’re on the world map…select what you need to, then when you get to the runway, alt+enter again to switch back to full screen.

1 Like

Hi all. Glad to see others having the same problem and the workarounds.

My workaround was to alt enter to window mode where it worked perfectly and then alt enter back to full screen when i’d done.