Lacking Ocean Waves

My ocean looks like a pond with ripples. I have yet to see actual ocean like waves, even with the waves set to high. Am I missing another setting somewhere?

I am near Pensacola International Airport ( KPNS ) and the Gulf of Mexico is close. I do not see much wave activity there either unless I put 20-30 knot winds in the sim and then the little TBM bounces all over the place. The weather is set to live most of the time. The gulf is not usually flat, especially after hurricane Sally a couple of weeks ago and Hurricane Delta a few days ago ! Maybe I have some weather condition set incorrectly.

Waves are nothing. We have no planes. Here’s the problem.

1 Like

Sounds like an oversight in how the ocean is modeled if the ocean is flat without wind. Swell does not need wind here and now, it just needs wind somewhere else in the past.

The good thing is Meteoblue has wind waves and swell both included in their weather data so it should be relatively straightforward to include in MSFS.

Added a wish list topic to add swell:

Swell and waves modeling using Meteoblue data

We will see if people like it.

I realize that. No real FMC. Iam accustomed to programming full FMC flight plans. This is why I strongly hope Captain Sim gets in on MSFS. Can’t wait for PMDG as well. I find myself flying a Cessna 172 over cities for the eye candy. I am an jet airline enthusiast. Having said that, this Sim has better flight dynamics than any other. The weather and turbulence are plenty realistic.