Lag and stutters still there in Beta SU15

Landing into JFK on Beta SU15 in the Airbus A300 (freighter version) on Xbox Series X with a thousand restarts to make sure properly installed and then rolling cache properly cleared and it’s still horribly laggy and stuttery close to and on the ground. With a landing speed of close to 140kts it looked more like I was at 40kts between the stutters which is exactly how it was before the beta. Never had any problems before sim update 13 and have had nothing but lag in airliners ever since, especially noticeable at larger airports. No 3rd party airports installed. I know the A300 still has some teething problems but the A310 is the same for me

If I’m relatively alone in this issue I’m starting to think my 70mb download speed internet is the problem but I don’t really understand how it should be this bad :frowning:

Edit: I should probably add that looking around the cockpit at my departure airport (Washington KIAD) was still very stuttery and taxi/takeoff from there was also laggy/stuttery

for me, it started with the SU10 and still going on!
six SU has passed and still no fix, as if there is no such thing!

contact support

I did that after sim update 13 released and brought with it all of my lag and stutter issues. After exhausting everything they didn’t have a solution and just said that there was a stability beta that would hopefully identify the issues and a fix would be found eventually. SU15 seemed like a light at the end of the tunnel but it turned out to just be the headlights of a train heading towards us. We can only cross our fingers that the fix is still being refined and I can be thankful that at least the A310 and A300 vaguely work - The 747, 787 and default A20N are bringing black screens for everyone on the xbox now on this beta

As a reference point, I’ve always tested A310 at KJFK (gate 31). Before SU15, simulator reached between 20 and 25 fps. With SU15 I’m having between 26 and 29 with some stutters.
Graphics are configured in Ultra settings.
My spects are:

Intel Core i7 12700K
32 GB ram
RTX 3080

1 Like

Unfortunately you can’t measure FPS in the Xbox but at JFK it would be fair to say I’m down in single figures in the A310/A300

1 Like

Not that this is the answer you want, but try lowering your settings if possible (I’m not an Xbox user, so I am not sure how much you can lower graphics settings…) – JFK has notoriously been a pain point in this sim.

Yeah unfortunately there is no option to change settings on xbox. I wish there was as I would take performance over visuals any day of the week. Aware that JFK is really bad and I just picked it as a worst case. Small airports are better for performance but rarely perfect

2 Likes

It seems this game/sim is just far too hard to get running smoothly on an xbox. I get why that is a goal but it seems like it is an almost impossible task. Hopefully 2024 will be much smoother and better optimized.

1 Like

Yeah fingers crossed. Otherwise I’ll need to find a large sum of cash to get back into the pc scene

Sure look, I am on PC with a 2080ti which by todays standards is out of date. I am looking at an upgrade also which at this point means a whole new PC. It is what it is, I think I might just hold out forbl 5000 series of cards at this stage though.

Unfortunately, IniBuild Aircraft are not very well optimized even on the beefiest of PC, you barely reach 40fps at time regardless of where you are in the world. They were that way in Xplane and they are the same in MSFS.

I know there isn’t many choices on Xbox but I would think you would fair so much better with PMDG or 747/787 that were enhanced by Asobo

Screenshot for confirmation. (this is is with a 5800X3D and a 3080Ti)

1 Like

Yeah is a major bummer as I love the A310 and also really love the A300 that I just bought but only really work at small airports. Will give the 747 a try as I was enjoying that aside from the exteme stuttering that should now be fixed although I hear tales of black screens with this initial beta release

Got it; sure hope they can figure out a way to improve Xbox experience (performance) while maintaining graphic fidelity for those on stronger PCs. Sorry to hear it’s not gotten better.

4 Likes

Everything was fine on xbox x for me before the SU15 Beta.

After installing it, loading times are longer not shorter and I have so many ctd and black screens and stutters that the Sim can’t be used any more.

Especially with 747, 787 and third Party Aircraft. And I am talking about approaching small airports wirh no traffic.

2 Likes

SU15 beta is useless at the time being.
It made some of the microstutters go away, but it also actually reduces my FPS all over.

Giving up MSFS now. To much ■■■■ released, to little bugfix and implementation of important stuff.

DCS for teh win!

4 Likes

I am experiencing the same! Pretty much no improvement over SU14 and now I am limited by GPU?! Stutters may be slightly less with longer flights, but they are there. It’s hard to tell if there is any improvement at all with SU15 and I was hoping it would at least go back to SU13 performance which was very good.
RTX 3090, 12900KF, 64GB 4400 …

3 Likes

Seems to be only xbox wity those issues now, PC is definitely improved. It is a beta, they will try fix the issues before release, thats the whole purpose of a beta test.

Neither are their airports btw

PC user here.

Are you saying that on Xbox you can’t adjust things like Terrain LOD, Object LOD, Traffic, Volumetric Clouds, Buildings, Grass, etc?

2 Likes