20.0 GB DDR4 Rams (19.9 GB usable)
MX150 2GB VRAM
256SSD (Installed the game in)

(Before)
i5-8250U 1.6GHz up to 3.4GHz
MX150 2GB VRAM
8GB RAM
1000GB HDD

After the latest update, the game started to run even worse and lower fps… right now the game is running below 10 FPS before that I was even able to play the game with at 15-20FPS with 8GB Rams and no ssd, what is happening now?

The game was running even better before the updates, but right now facing 10FPS in main menu only, after started a flight, it stayed only 8FPS maximum, developers must fix this ASAP!!!

2 Likes

Welcome! I’ll try and help you a bit …

Let’s try to separate these, there was a GAME update, and a scenery release (which was new objects, and some changed textures/models).

The UK scenery was not the update, that update was 22GB, the new scenery was only 2GB.

THere was also an update to the whole system via the Microsoft Store (1GB) that should have been run before the game update (22GB) abd then the scenery “update”.

You can try deleting the rolling cache, that stopped many of my lags and jerky motion.
You can try disabling the UK scenery, and see if that makes a difference?

There are issues with the update (22GB) as per flaps and some other issues.
I also had problems because the AMD drivers were trying to run some strange modes as the game had no profile.

When you say “before” and “current”, when did you change it all?

An MX150 graphics card (even if you allocated full 4GB which is max addressable VRAM) doesn’t meet minimum requirements. Nvidia minimum is a GTX 770.

yer gonna need a bigger boat Jorald - or wait for the xbox release and use one of those instead.
minimum specs to run MSFS are not too heavy but it appears that what you are trying to run it on isn’t quite there…

Yes I know but I am trying to say that before upgrading my specs, the game was even running better but after the updates, the game is doomed for me

Yes I know but I am trying to say that before upgrading my specs, the game was even running better but after the updates, the game is doomed for me so I am searching for someone for help!

Just a day ago, before the update of the game I was still using 8GB Rams and without SSD, then I have installed the SSD and 16GB Rams with a 4GB Rams but then I can’t even hit 10FPS but before that I can even run it with an average of 18FPS…

You sure nothing is wrong with your memory config? Dual Channel not properly installed if you have 2 dims.
Try a tool like cpu-z to see if you do.

1 Like

there are any number of reasons for that - mostly to do with what is happening in your local machine probably. Although it is possible there’s more to the story. Point is no one out here is going to be able to tell you anything without knowing a ton of other information.

Yes it is dual and both is running well

1 Like

Okay thank you for answering back!

No offense, but your computer is a potato and under the hardware requirements. I don’t think you can fault them for that.

for every update it seems the game gets worst in frame rate

Agree. Maybe the developers should do something better on optimising the game…

Yes it is potato but before the updates the game was running better than after the updates, that’s what I am trying to say because I was using only 8GB Rams and no ssd to run the game was even better but after installing 16GB Rams and ssd, it is running even worse with the new updates…

Is the SSD an external drive? if so what connection is it using?

Connected to M.2, not nvme. Not any external ssd.

Hmmm … that is interesting, it definitely sounds like the system is not working correctly.

NVME often uses a lot of the PCI bus, it might be that you also have a conflict somewhere in the memory config, especially if you have settings you had to put in manually.

What is the board and how did you set up the memory? SPD etc.
Have you got the BIOS updates done?
How many drive ports (SATA NVME etc.) are there, and how many are in use?

You aren’t the only one.
You may be interested in this thread.

Damnnnn hopefully the developers fix it asap!

1 Like