Lake missing in Norway

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Lake/watermask missing at 60.118303016986964, 12.045254996327373

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Debug > Display position)

60.118303016986964, 12.045254996327373

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Always

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

DX11

Are you using DLSS?

No

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Screenshot of location in MSFS attached.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Provided below

Showing the location in a map is all well and good but the description asked that you provide evidence.

Anyway I’ve done a capture for you using the current live release as of 09/11/2023. :slight_smile:

Clearly the water colour in the Bing satellite isn’t dark enough for the AI algorithm to recognise as a water mask. The surrounding water bodies are much darker and therefore correctly picked up. Not sure how you train the AI for this as a field could look exaclty the same colour, I suspect though the low cloud could have caused it. Probably would need a refresh of satellite to fix as I don’t think these things can be manually adjusted.

Voted. :+1:

Is that a regression in SU14B vs SU 13 ?

Yes, looks like a WU15 Nordics & Greenland regression, but I can’t be sure because I didn’t raise this issue. Maybe the OP can confirm.

Ok, if related to WU15 and not SU14B, then report should go to Bug\Scenery and Airports

1 Like

I’m not sure. I was made aware of the problem through a PM on Flightsim.to yesterday.

1 Like