Landing challenges not updating scores

I have seen similar issues over the months since the landing challenges appeared. At some point in their iteration previous landing challenge scores seemed to be disregarded when it came to allocating the “grade” for the landing challenge. I think this was the case when grades were first introduced.

In many of my landing challenges I have scored relatively highly and definitely within the A grade category. However, the grade that shows for these landing challenges is the grade that I achieved the first time I attempted the landing challenge once the grades appeared.

In order to have subsequent landings “correct” this inaccurate grade I have found that I would have to beat my previous highest ever score for that particular landing challenge, which for some of these events is quite a challenge.

E.g. I have a few landing challenges with a grade “B”, where as my high score (still recorded) is 1.5 millon plus. Unless I beat that score, even if I secure a score over 1 million, i.e. into the A grade category, the landing challenge score will remain at a “B” grade. When I complete the challenge and look at the scores at the end I see my previous highest score is still recorded but is not being used as the basis for calculating the grade.

And the same for me.

Is there any way just to reset the top scores and start again from scratch?
hmmm… maybe that would just create the same problem again.

Hello everyone,

• Does the issue happen the first time you break your personal record? Or each attempt results in a mismatch on the score screen ?
  • Is it on specific landing challenges? Which one?

Also, please provide these information below:

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Are you using Mods?

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

I tested on build 1.21.13.0 (vanilla state) but couldn’t repro the issue.

The particular issue I am having with the “grades” not updating was tested while launching the sim in “safe” mode to check that it was not some sort of add on (e.g. an aircraft or avionics mod or paid market place content) causing an incompatibility. I.e. a pure “vanilla” state.

Essentially the landing challenge grade is not reflecting the current high score I have obtained for that particular landing challenge. In order to have the landing challenge show the correct grade I currently need to score a higher score than my current best score for that landing challenge. This is the case for every single landing challenge that is currently in the sim and is not specific to any particular challenge tied to a World Update.

I have not, yet, experienced the issue of a new high score not updating, so I can not speak to that issue.

It seems inconsistent. You see the image above where I have an “A” score but the best score is shown in the “B” range. BUT… in the previous menu where all challenges are shown, it says an A"" has been achieved for this challenge.

but when I enter the Arlanda challenge I see the following score at bottom left

I am on PC.
Problem has been happening for at least 2 months.
Build is latest with no updates pending. 1.21.13.0
Sw is MS store download.

Hi there,

I don’t really expect a solution here but its worth a shot, in reading other issues it sounds like the devs could care less but my situation is a little unique.

I had to reinstall after some changes to my hardware. I did a simple uninstall, cleaned up a drive, installed an additional new one, and then reinstalled to my main boot drive (Samsung 970evo). Game always ran nice before and still does, but I encountered the same progress delete issue many have. The difference is that I still have my complete logbook. All flights and flight details are there, and my progress on landing challenges and bush challenges are displayed in the logbook too. There is just no progress or leaderboards info when navigating to challenges themselves in Activities>Landing Challenges>XXX or Activities>Bush Trips>XXX. When on these pages it says 0% complete and no leaderboard history. I feel like my situation is fixable unlike some others because the cloud data and logbook are all there.

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks!

The problem is back big-time, and it’s not just the Nordic airports - Kerama, Japan isn’t updating either. I saw a comment that the problem resolves on a particular challenge if you beat your original best score - it doesn’t, I just scored 1.7M on Svalbard, which was already Grade A but only with a prior best of 1.4M then a second attempt with 1.5M. I tried logging-out and back in to XBox live (I use PC MS Store version) re-tried - same issue. Then I tried switching servers from SE Asia to 2nd best (US West Coast), same issue - and I also tried the 15 minute wait to see if just slow to update - no luck there either. It’s bugged. Some challenges do update - it’s airport related for me.

in my case it happens also that some scores are not changing but now I got a new problem a score from yesterday 726894 was normaly updated but today even overwriten by a lower score 717756. I have PC version and am online.

1 Like

How do we progress this with MS?
I raised a bug report back in October… all I have is an acknowledgement. I can’t find any reference number, and certainly no feedback.

1 Like

Really poor. So many bugs aren’t even being acknowledged. It happens on quite a few landing challenges.

All that effort you see the highest score and it doesn’t update at all. Very frustrating.

They need to stop releasing new content and fix all the annoying bugs first.

3 Likes

I agree with you totally.
Currently it looks like that all landing chanllenges are affected . Better scores will not be updated !

2 Likes

This issue is even more upsetting because some of the challenges don’t register (i.e. I have all challenges completed, yet the game only registered 37/44), allegedly due to having very low scores.

Since we cannot update the scores, it means we’re also stuck with the number of landings registered.

I’ll also add that Sim Update 8 beta did not fix this (on Xbox at least).

Yes so annoying - For me Svalbard, Kerama and Isafjordur are totally broken but all the rest are working perfectly for me…I noticed in a recent World or Sim update some files were installed relating to these locations - maybe that’s what broke them ? All updates are installed from Content Manager - though I removed all the training ‘missions’ to free disk space.

Yes, Svalbard and Isafjördur aren’t updating scores for me either. Haven’t flown Kerama yet. I get a grade though, but my scores in the list is still 0 for both airports.
Steam version. No developer mode. One third party aircraft installed, FlyInside helicopter Bell 47-G2. No other mods. VR on Valve Index. Haven’t noticed until recently, latest version.

-Steam
-No developer mode. Standard challenges
-No Mods
-Win 10, Intel, Nvidia

The first picture is the NANWALEK landing challenge. You can see the score doesn’t update.

Also, on a recent attempt at LLANADA GRANDE I earned an A. The menu shows that I have an A. This means I received over 1,000,000 points right? However, the recorded score is only 859,418.

1 Like

Hi, the exact same thing happened to me yesterday, and again today! I have a score of 1,203,360 on the challenge: Katoomba, Australia and earned a 1,494,132 and the score never updated in my standings.
I rebooted and tried again, and earned a 1,484,???, and again nothing! Today, I tried again thinking yesterday’s fiasco was a fluke, and I earned 1,222,???, and again-the same garbage. This is certainly frustrating. And what’s even more frustrating is that according to this thread, it’s been going on for a long time, and nothings been done to correct it.

Mario

PS

MS Store Version; Regular mode; 0 Mods; Intel & Nvidia high end machine; Latest build version; This landing challenge only so far; Happens several times and not only with first breaking of personal best.

PS Again

Just happened to me again today in the: Toronto Challenge

Yes still happening Feb 2022 , Iceland BIIS challenge won’t update my score which would have put me in top 10. Microsoft version , no devoloper tool used, no mods, 5900X & 3080 WIN 10. Version 1.22.2.0 .

. Not just nordic countries also St barts . Ragin i just got a great score :frowning:

1 Like

Oh my, I just realized this is still an issue.I’m trying to double my low scores and nothing gets registered.

So far for me Arlanda, Ronne, Hachijojima, New York, Svalbard, and Lukla do not update. Some of the other challenges do update, and for the rest I haven’t beat my score since WU5 so don’t know yet if they’ll work or not.

I sent a request to Zendesk yesterday. As soon as I hit the submit button it took me to a summary page of my issue, with the status as “solved”, and the message “this issue is closed for comments.” So I guess that’s it then. They don’t even want to know about it.

Incidentally, this was also an issue back in Oct 2020. I have screenshots of high scores alongside my ranking with my old score, but I don’t recall it being an issue for very long.

2 Likes