Landing lights don't retract on A320

Landing lights don’t retract on A320. Switch in cockpit actuates, but they do not retract.

The default A320 is not well modeled and what you discovered is not the only thing. Asobo has not fixed any of the A320 bugs since the release last year so I would not be overly optimistic they will fix what you described.

Many people including me use therefore the free Flybywire A32NX. It is amazing and in constant development… it also has now dual autopilot Autoland function implemented. Go to their website for details and how to install (PC only).

The current Landing Lights binding doesn’t work to retract them. They only either turns on, then Off, but stay in the middle off position. You have to manually click them down to retract them.

Hey Neo, I’m not using any key bindings, but the cockpit switch. Lights do turn off but stay extended with cockpit switch as well.

Really? Even after you put the switch to the retracted position?

1 Like

Yup… went to external view and zoomed in and they were still extended…

That’s weird… I tested it just now, and mine is working fine. Here’s a couple of screenshots. Sorry about the colours, I took this in HDR mode. But then again, maybe it’s because I’m on the FBW A32NX aircraft, and not the default A320.

This is when the Landing Light switch is on the OFF position.

This is when the Landing Light switch is on the RETRACT position.

Hi Everyone
Regarding the FBW Is there any way to bind a key to " Retract Landing Lights " ?

Also, I have just received the TCA quadrant add-on for the A320 and it has the rudder left/right and reset, they function correctly when operated but there is no switch animation shown on the flight deck screen so I am guessing this cannot be bound either?

Isn’t the landing light switch command control binding always goes from Retracted to On?

Hi Neo
It’s a 3 position switch… retract / off / on
I have " Toggle Landing Lights " to switch on / off with the same button and that is OK.
But it leaves the " LDG LT " showing in the Upper ECAM and I cannot seem to find a key to “retract” so it would clear the ECAM
" L " switches all lights on/off but it doesn’t retract. I can only retract using the mouse.

The animation is broken in the default A320. I did some dark magic on the model to make it work properly in the A32NX. :wink: