Landing Path Turn On

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Brief description of the issue:

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

Hi, I have the landing path turned on in the assistance options. When I fly sometimes I have the path and other times I don’t have it. Is there something else on which the landing path relies? Thanks

Did you have approach and landing clearance from the ATC?

I chose a departure airport and an arrival one both of them with runaway directions. Didn’t bother about ATC

It also depends on the phase of the flight. The landing assist only appears when the sim knows you’re on Approach and/or Landing phase. If the sim thinks you’re still at cruise phase even if you’re at close proximity of the airport, it won’t appear.

What do I have to do in order to let the sim know I am on a landing phase?

Well, you can try to use the “Travel To” option on the toolbar to “skip” flight phases. Try to select approach, and it should jump you through the approach phase of the flight which theoretically trigger the landing assist.

I don’t know if this will work though. I haven’t used landing assist since… well… ever…

But try to use the ATC as well, when you’re on approach, you’re suppose to contact the tower to ask for clearance to land. From what I remember in past videos, the landing assist will also appears once the ATC knows you’re cleared for the approach.

I created a flight from Tangier to Gibraltar I had the landing path turned on and I landed in Gibraltar with no path shown. I have the latest sim updates the plane Airbus 320 and with Windows 11

Does it always not appearing at the same airport? Or do you sometimes get the assist and sometimes you don’t from the same airport and runway approach?

Like I said, you might need to try to use the ATC to request clearance to approach and land.

Or you can test by selecting the runway as an arriving point without a departure point. That should make you start the flight directly in approach phase, see if the landing assist appears there too.

OK thanks I’ll try that

Are you requesting landing clearance to the ATC ?, maybe that is what trigger the landing path if set to ON.
Check out that post:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/landing-path/257413/4?u=dementedcorn327