Landing Pic du Midi

Landing at the Pic du Midi de Bigorre Observatory - By AlroCreation

16 Likes

Wooow this is freeware helicopter? Nice landing !

Airbus H135 available Flightsim.to

And what about « pic du midi » ?
This is not the MSFS one ? I do not think so ?
I find Chambéry valley on flightsim, but i do not thing it is :slight_smile:
Very nice vidéo in deed.

Hello,
This is the Astronomical Observatory of the Pic du Midi de Bigorre which is located in the Pyrenees
Latitude 42 ° 56’13.11 “N - Longitude 0 ° 8’29.31” E above La Mongie (ski resort)

The other Pic du Midi is located in the French Alps

1 Like

Thank’s a lot for precision…

I entered the coordinates you provided, and did find Pic du Midi, but when I try to land, my helo goes right through. Not landable… Pete

Hi,
The scene you tried to land on isn’t mine, it’s a pale copy with ugly rocks. I asked Asobo for her reason they put this awful thing on. I’m sorry but I will be posting it soon on the MarketPlace or on Flightsim.to.
See you soon,
Alain

Being usurped by Asobo is dispiriting, especially if it’s not as good as your version.

I don’t think I’ll be keeping the POIs from this update, it’s over 6gb of places I’ll probably never go, but I’d definitely still want this and I’m sure plenty of people will feel the same.

I never knew there was a helipad there! I managed to land an Icon A5 on ridges just to the west (careful not to crash into the shallow puddle there) or on the ridge to east. You can fly into the considerable crosswind to land with zero groundspeed.

Closest airport is Tarbes. Exact location:

https://flightsimulator-catalog.net/ProductPoi/Pic_du_Midi_de_Bigorre

Great video! Although there is no way they’d have the domes open while a helicopter was landing. But, I like the way it looks opening as you land anyway.
Mark

Excellent - and more than a little nerve-wracking. This video is all the argument needed for why helos absolutely must come to this sim officially.

Hello,
I am going to upload by the end of the week on Flightsim.to the scene adapted to the summit of the Pic du Midi. There is a big hole to fill under the cable car pylon and terraforming there is not easy to do, but we will get there. So that will remove this huge pile of black pebbles that is currently in place.

1 Like

By the way, I’ve been to Pic du Midi, it’s lovely up there. Also ridden my bike over Col de Tourmalet a few times! La Mongie isn’t the most beautiful spot, however :slight_smile:

I look forward to having your scenery,
Best regards,
Mark

Hi,
The Astronomic Pic du Midi scenery is online

1 Like