Landing Roll wayyyyy too short

I made a post about this a year and a half ago and nearly everyone disagreed with me. I showed YT videos of large jets stopping on a dime. Most of the replies were along the lines of ‘you would be surprised how quickly a jet liner can stop’, ‘casual players just slam on the brakes’, and ‘we don’t know the plane weight/headwind conditions’. I found a video which I believe proves my point beyond a reasonable doubt and wanted to continue this discussion because it is very unrealistic.

The Captain Sim 777 isn’t exactly known for its true-to-life flight model. And I’m putting it mildly.

5 Likes

I’d be willing to bet you can do this with most of the default jets, too. 40 kt headwind with light payload at that location. Maybe not with some of the study level airplanes though, such as the PMDG 737.

As long as you have a v_stall headwind, you can do it with literally any plane. Also IRL. You can take-off backwards in a cub on windy days.

I tried it with 40 kts (so not 40 m/s) headwind in the A320 and 747. Not a chance.

1 Like