Landing Weight entry in MCDU - Xbox

Hello!

I am using the Xbox version of MSFS 2020 and the default a320neo.

I have been struggling with a couple of things and I have most things worked out or just understand at this point is not supported. My most recent struggle has been with getting the MCDU to display the correct/accurate v1, vr, v2, v-app and vls speeds. The take off speed issues I was able to resolve. The last piece of this that is still not working is the v-app and vls speeds.

I typically get a vls speed of 150-155 with a fairly light load. I believe I was narrowed this down to the lack of ability from what I can see, to enter a landing weight in the Init-B page. It appears to only and always mimic the TOW. This would make sense as to why the calculated approach speed it high.

Is there another way to enter the landing weight in the MCDU? What am I missing here?

Thank you!

It’s one of many bugs of the default a320.
Since launch MSFS on Xbox I’m disappointed with this aircraft. I learn a lot about a320s systems everyday and admire this aircraft. But i think this “plane” makes a lot of confusion for person who wants to know how to fly professionally.
It’s not an Airbus and doesn’t have anything in common with it. Piece of ■■■■.

Yeah the bugs seem to pile up the more I use it. I get it, its a stock aircraft so I wouldn’t expect all systems to be modeled, but, is it too much to ask that the systems that are modeled, actually work and work correctly? I don’t think so. That should be the most minimal expectation.

I have seen and heard great things about the FBW mod. Why not make that available? The Xbox version, comparatively speaking, is still in its infancy so I will have some patience, but so far disappointed.

2 Likes

Totally agree with you, the most frustrating thing is that the default one didn’t get any sufficient improvement for the one year of being(

Great news happens by the way: