Landings / Takeoffs not recording

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Since SU15 no takeoffs/landings are being recorded in my logbook.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and peripheral set up:

Xeon E5-2697, 32GB, RTX2060

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

DX12

Are you using DLSS?

TAA

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DLSS?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

No

My PC specs: i7-12700K, 32 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 CL40, Arc 770 (16GB).
Developer Mode - Off. 3rd-Party Addons: None, Community Addons: 1 (Weather Presets - Clouds)

DX12

Are you using DLSS?

No (TAA)

Screenshot below shows landing & takeoffs being recorded. The two JMB Aircraft VL-3 entries were spawned at altitude to repro a SU15 beta cloud question, so correctly show no takeoff / landing. The top C152 entry shows correct # of takeoff & landing, but total flight time was ~1 hr, not zero as shown. Note: Random logbook errors have been occurring since I purchased MSFS, and are not new to SU15 in my case.

no

I don’t use the logbook, but for testing purpose I did a quick flight from/to same airport and it has been correctly recorded
Could you repeat your test (or a quick flight as I did) with a base MSFS aircraft ?

Are you using DLSS?

It looks like you fly between two airfields without an operational control tower. In this case you have to announce over radio what runway you are taking off and when you start taxiing. After landing you have to announce that you cleared the runway and park exactly at the parking spot. Only then MSFS will recognise your takeoff and landing.

1 Like

In the Bush Flights I’ve flown, ATC is disabled, so I cannot announce anything. In my screenshot, the flight in the C152 is one, and take-offs & landings are recorded. Likewise in free flight. I’ve taken off from bush airfields with no OCT without announcing anything, landed without announcing anything, ended the flight on the runway, or off on the grass, or at a parking spot. Takeoffs & landings are recorded, but sometimes inaccurately, with more takeoffs than landings, or more landings than takeoffs! Also, many bush fields have no defined parking spots at all, yet the logbook often (but not always) shows the correct number of takeoffs & landings. The logic behind all this is not obvious to me.

There are many bug reports related to logbook. Since we don’t have a clear definition on how the information is recorded it is quite difficult to determine in case the info is not or partially recorded if it is because of a bug or because user missed to follow one or some steps. For the ones interested on reviewing the list:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/search?expanded=true&q=%23bugs%20tags%3Alogbook%20status%3Aopen%20order%3Alatest_topic

1 Like