Large heading bug increments when using Honeycomb yoke

Thankyou for your replies.

To anyone that is getting this issue: While it’s happening, do you also have the Bonanza’s COM1 Decrement (Fract, Carry) act as a fractional increment instead?

Got my yoke set up tonight finally. Loving it so far, huge upgrade over the hotas I was using as far as controllability.

Anyway, back to this topic, I tested out the switches with different configs and definitely saw the 10 degree bug. So, flip the landing lights on for instance, 10 degree bug. Flip the switch off and even though nothing is bound to it , it turns off. Maybe that’s intended behavior for that binding name “set landing lights” vs on, off, or toggle. Anyway, so even with nothing bound to the “off” position, the bug was still there. For whatever reason, manually toggling the switch in the virtual cockpit with the mouse would then fix the heading issue.

I did not test setting the “on” position of the switch to “toggle landing lights” as I suspect the same behavior would occur once you briefly flipped it to on then back off in order to “toggle” the in game switch one direction or the other. However, as long as none of the buttons are pressed one direction or the other during the flight, the bug does not show. Similar to how in the settings menu if you search by input you can click to make the box active but nothing inputs from the yoke until you toggle it once.

Guess I’ll hope they figure this out soon as I’ve heard other sims have. Would be nice to have it working, though I can see having to set up different profiles for different planes as some don’t have alternator switches, or two avionics switches, etc. in the cockpit.

edit: Forgot to mention, if anyone was thinking of setting the switches to toggle when in the “on” position, it’s kind of awkward as you will have to be fast to get it to work. A few times it would toggle on then back off before I could flip the switch back to the other direction. Also for instance I tried that with the battery master and at least in the DA40 NG it made the screens flicker a few times as power rapidly toggled if you weren’t quick on flipping the switch back and forth.

I have found a workaround, using vJoy and Joystick Gremlin. If you are interested, please see - and share - the following link for details…
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kIJlzjDzELPxd2LpRxzlTmZsuqmXHB4F?usp=sharing

1 Like

Hey that looks pretty interesting. So how do you set up the profile on the sim side? Or maybe I misunderstood and you set keyboard key binds in the vJoy profile similar to how other profile software works? I read your read me but I think I missed that.

Edit : never mind not thinking straight. Duh the new virtual device shows up in the sim and gets its own profile.

Yes, you’ve got it :slight_smile: It turns up as a totally independent joystick on it’s own… (pretty nifty toy, actually :slight_smile:)
I just recommend to setup the same button profile as the original, to make it easier to find the correct binding…

EDIT: However, what started happening now - and I don’t think I had it before, though I heard about it before - are ‘random’ button presses, not initiated by me (afaik): On a test flight in the C172, enjoyying the new precision of the course dials, the following buttons - or actions - would turn on randomly: Pitot Heat ON, Main Battery ON (when it was still off on stand), Mixture to Full Rich, Tank selector to Emergency, some random interior lighs.
I have no clue if it has anything to do with the Joystick Gremlin workaround, but I thought I’d mention it here. It actually didn’t impair the flight at all, and seemed to become less during the flight… :thinking: …magic…

EDIT2 Loaded the sim today and… No more random actions …magic… :sparkler:

1 Like

Tried a few versions of vJoy and couldn’t get it installed on Windows 10 1909. One hung and never completed while another said failed to install and exited. Good job figuring out this workaround but I think I might just wait for the official fix.

Hmmm, that’s strange. I installed it in Win10/1909, and I am now running build 2004. You have run the installer as administrator, right? I had a few ‘oddities’ configuring it (no confirmation / seemingly stuck on “apply” the changes), but after the compulsory reboot everything was running flawlessly… Sorry I can’t be of any more help.

EDIT: Please see the following link for the Joystick Gremlin installation. There is a sub-link for a different version from the Sourceforge one, which is supposedly compatible to Win10/1903+

https://whitemagic.github.io/JoystickGremlin/quickstart/

…and there is an updateted version for vJoy (2020-06-03) under

http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/site/index.php/download-a-install/download

Same issue here, just reported it on zendesk. Will try the workaround as well for now.

pjoerg

I finally solved my vJoy install problem. Found the author’s instructions at the bottom of this thread to fully purge an existing install. http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/site/index.php/forum/4-Help/1122-failed-to-install-on-win10#3559

After cleaning up registry I was able to successfully install the latest vJoy.

Your solution is now working perfectly. I set the magneto starter button 35 toggle to 1.5 seconds and that is sufficient to start the aircraft I’ve tested. Also applied the toggle fix to the BCN, Taxi, and Nav lights.

It seems like it could be awhile before this issue is officially patched but this workaround does the trick for now.

Wanted to say thanks again for posting the temporary solution. :slight_smile:

Hi,

I had similiar issue , heading bug , compass and so on , moved in 10 degree steps only.

In contrast to you , I own an “Thrustmaster Warthog Throtte” and also fly active DCS with the A10C.

I find out what happens, because also the FLAPS not really worked:

• MSFS does auto assign the flaps-up/down to the FLAPS switch , BUT it doesnt works as the real switch is !

Snap 2020-10-10 at 15.55.30

The switch is “UP/Manoever/Down” … MSFS does not use these positions, it simple use the “click-events” to increase/decrease the flaps position.
Thus, because I normaly leave DCS in the UP/DOWN position, MSFS seems then to receive allways USB events (flaps up) and do somewhat with it.

I simple I have to remember allways to go for MSFS in “MR” position ( finally simple removed the asssigment , because its not usable in MSFS ).

This points to what @David4DW mention : assigmment issue where then allways events send into msfs too

@T1gger65 Great! Thank you for the heads up. I’m happy the workaround works for you now, as well.
As for a ‘reaL’ solution on MSFS’ side, I am not so confident, as the general problem appearently exists since FSX. I’d be happy If they’d fix the ON/OFF button assignment for BCN, TAXI, and NAV anytime soon, tbh :slight_smile:

@MichaMMA Yes, that’s definitely the same issue. Any (assigned) constant signal button causes that problem. You could use the vJoy/Joystick Gremlin workaround as well, if you want to go through the trouble for only two buttons…

for these less amount of buttons /switches / … which I can currently realy use ( which are not inoper… :wink: ) , I not need to install anything …

In case of Thrustmaster (pssoible similar to other joy-combies ) it is just not a usefull default setting, in special because the flaps are also assigned to the Joystick “Target Management Switch”.

In my A10C I need realy ALL of these buttons, but in MSFS … :wink:

It would be really nice to see this addressed by Asobo but I don’t hold out much hope. The problem is listed on the 2 lists that they say they are addressing. I had hoped that this would be fixed by the time I got my Alpha but as it is going to be delivered on Friday, I guess it will not.

I currently not checked in more depth whether MSFS can handle “Switches” and not only Buttons which are released after “click”… if not, … I had no words for that :wink:

Hmmm I didn’t see it on any of the Dev update snapshot lists showing top bugs and wish items. Which list are you referring to?

Those 2 are the lists I was talking about. It’s not on either list so I am not going to hold my breath.

such a behavior of switches should be just “state of the art” for a flight-sim of year 2019/20

I have a Honeycomb yoke.

Default keyboard bindings:

• Decrease Heading Bug - Ctrl + Del
  • Increase Heading Bug - Ctrl + Insert

Heading bug moves in 10 degree increments, not 1 degree.

I have the light switches on the bottom of the Honeycomb Yoke’s Switch Panel (which are normally bound to lights), bound to autopilot controls.

E.g. First switch bound to:

• Autopilot Off
  • Autopilot On

Having trouble following some of the previous posts describing the issue with the yoke. Not technically inclined, so some of the discussion is beyond me. Certainly not tech savvy enough to be downloading third party software to fix this.

I take it (a) I am experiencing the same issue as many others, (b) there is no fix yet, and © there is no official word yet on any fix incoming?

Hi,

easy say’d … you must check “switches” which stay in a Position X.
As mentioned, in case of Thrustmaster the Flaps Swtich caused the issue. Not sure whether currently switches can’t used at all ( not checked, these “three” not “inoperable” buttons in the current airplans, I can just press with the mouse :wink: )