Large heading bug increments when using Honeycomb yoke

Correct with A, B and C, I have today contacted Honeycomb re this to see if they can let us know what is happening. The problem is with controllers with switches that stay on all as per the 5 black switches, 2 red switches and 2 white switches, plus starter switch, on the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke base unit. The buttons and switches on the yoke itself work fine as they do not stay on when pushed.
This applies with other types of controllers as well.
Everything works fine in X-Plane 11 and American Truck Simulator, I use the Yoke unit as the steering wheel and bind the switches to the various options in the game and they work okay. It is just MSFS 2020 that has the problem.

1 Like

Thank you that’s helpful. Fingers crossed it gets fixed sooner rather than later. Although it seems everyone has their own issue they wish was fixed… I suppose that speaks to the potential of the platform.

It’s annoying but not a huge problem. I have unbound all batt, avionics and light switches and assigned the autostart function to the starter knob. I know it is cheating but I don’t have any problems withe the heading bug anymore and my pre-flight inspection is much quicker :slight_smile:

No point bothering Honeycomb. This is something that Asobo need to fix.

4 Likes

This issue affects all devices that have switches that remain permanently on. You can overcome this issue by downloading FSUIPC7 and shifting your key bindings to there.

Or of course you can wait for an Asobo fix…

1 Like

Hello @ll,

if you are using AxisAndOhs, binding RPN scripts to your buttons (or MIDI rotary encoders…) instead of the default simulator events (HEADING_BUG_INC / DEC) should eliminate the problem.

Script for incrementing the heading bug by 1 degree:

(A:AUTOPILOT HEADING LOCK DIR, Degrees) 1 + (>K:HEADING_BUG_SET)

Script for decrementing the heading bug by 1 degree

(A:AUTOPILOT HEADING LOCK DIR, Degrees) 0 == if{ 359 } els{ (A:AUTOPILOT HEADING LOCK DIR, Degrees) 1 - } (>K:HEADING_BUG_SET)

I assume that the same can be done with LUA scripts in FSUIPC.

Hope this helps…

In the latest community interview video, MS/Asobo mentioned that the next patch will introduce full Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant support.
That unit has lots of on/off switches as well, and it even has a knob, so maybe, just maybe, somebody fixed this issue in the process. :crossed_fingers:t2:

I had the same thought when hearing that. Cautiously optimistic for now.

1 Like

I just wanted to chime in on this thread because I’m a little confused about Asobo’s stance. On their website they list the Honeycomb alpha yoke as not only supported but recommended.

But while the mapped buttons work fine, whenever I plug in the yoke, I can no longer increment HDG by 1 degree while scrolling with the mouse. Not only that, but this bug is more apparent when using this yoke in conjunction with Logitech multi-panel.

When the yoke is plugged in, adjusting the Logitech wheel increments the HDG, CRS, IAS by 10 degrees. And the Altitude is adjusted by 1000 ft.

When I unplug the alpha yoke, the Logitech wheel works as intended, 1 degree for HDG, CRS and IAS, 100 ft for ALT.

This does not seem like it should be listed as fully supported and recommended with outstanding bugs like this.

3 Likes

Hey LivingFood.

I noticed you posted a similar response in one of the other related threads.

When plugging in the Alpha yoke all the default switches, buttons, and axis, work without any customization needed. So from that perspective the Alpha yoke is fully supported.

As has been mentioned this bug affects other peripheral hardware having switches that maintain a continuous state as opposed to buttons that are temporarily pressed and released. This isn’t an issue with any of these devices but is a software bug with MSFS itself.

I’ve had this problem from day one but have implemented the vJoy and Joystick Gremiln software workaround to change all my yokes switches to be toggles rather than use the default “SET” mappings that causes the 10 degree bug to present itself. Its an annoying bug and is frustrating for many of us.

I submitted a Zendesk ticket as have others and it was marked solved over a month ago. This means its been acknowledged and entered into their internal bug tracking system. So yes Asobo is aware of it and we just need to wait for it to be fixed based on their priority ranking.

1 Like

Thanks for the response and apologies for posting in other related threads, A lot of these issues are scattered around and not consolidated in a single thread.

I have also sent a zendesk ticket so I guess I’ll just be waiting and dealing with 10 degrees for a while.

i really ask myself why this bug is not found by Asobo itself! There are not so many yokes in the market, basically Logitch in the lower price segment and Honeycomb in the mid tier (the others are 1000 EUR and up). its not any exotic eqipment.
why nobody in Asobo has found this bug ! how do they fly with which equipment !

It’s not a problem specific to yokes. The Logitech one won’t cause it because (as far as I can tell from photos) it only has momentary buttons.

On the other hand, the Thrustmaster Warthog throttle may cause it if the switches are mapped. There are probably more of those being used than all yokes combined.

I have the Honeycomb, and it’s no problem to use the mouse wheel for 10 degree changes, then tapping the left mouse button for 1 degree finer adjustments.
TBH I wouldn’t mind that being available for the ALT setting when cranking up from runway to 32000 in the TBM - wheel for 1000’s and left click for 100’s

1 Like

I don’t know why but mouse click for single degree movement has never worked for me. I get 10 degree jumps with mouse scrolling and single mouse clicks. If I click and hold the mouse it then starts moving by single degrees but at a high rate of speed so not matter what method I try its virtually impossible to fine tune the specific degree or value I’m looking for.

I solved it by using the vJoy and joystick gremlin software workaround but it takes some time to set it all up.

Fine, but even the FLC buttons on the G1000 only go by 10s… not ideal.

Oh wow, this is still an issue? Got my Honeycomb yoke today, plugged it in, fired FSUIPC, loaded my C172 and I immediately had this heading/trim/FLC bug. A quick Google search pointed me to the right direction and I’m amazed that this is still an issue. Apparently you can get away with it if you CLICK on the knobs with your mouse rather than scroll the mouse wheel or use keyboard mapping. Not sure about trim though, didn’t try it. Hopefully some day we’ll see the end to the myriad bugs that are plaguing us.

1 Like

Clicking the knobs triggers the bug where the knob starts spinning endlessly after a single click. So that is not a good workaround either.

i am shocked rather than amazed on this bug. how come nobody in Asobo has found this bug ! looks like they have no proper test procedures in place.

It’s really a shame. Nevertheless I got my Honeycomb Bravo today … and had to disable all always-on buttons on it as well. This bug is known for month now and still not fixed. It’s really disappointing.

3 Likes