Latest HOTFIX did not solve TEMPERATURE SPIKES

The latest hotfix (PATCH Release Notes Ver 1.18.14.0) suppose to address this issue:

Weather

• Fixed big temperature spikes at high altitudes

Always flying: A32NX with live weather

However i am still experiencing random temperature spikes, the higher i fly, the higher the temperature is, which leads to multiple problem:

• The engine became lethargic as the air getting thinner and the temperature getting hotter, the planes behave unable to climb or experiencing mid air stall
  • Higher fuel consumption due to higher performance required to gain and maintain the speed and altitude

We need this to be addressed in another hotfix

Yes exactly the same problem here!!! Need another hotfix!!! or superhotfix:)

2 Likes

The issue is not spiking per se - it incorrectly uses the surface weather at the nearest weather station airport even though you are in the flight levels. In your example, I bet you the SAT and wind reading you seeing in the cockpit is the same as VTCH.

Yes it is, however thats what they write in the hotfix patch note

Weather

• Fixed big temperature spikes at high altitudes
1 Like

To me at least, it has not happened again since the hotfix, whereas before that it occurred every time. So it seems they improved something, yet you still seem to be running into issues. Where were you flying at that time? Maybe it’s location related.
Since the hotfix, I was flying along the west coast of the US and central Europe. No issues there.

around south east - central - north asia

which aircraft are you flying and at what FL?

Ok at least we can’t rule out yet that it’s location related then. I was testing it using the FBW A20N, usually trying to go beyond FL350. However, before the hotfix, I could not climb above FL230 at most.

i was previously thinking it was location related because my friend likes to fly around oceania region … and he got this problem. Prior to hotfix i can climb to 390 but getting random temp change …

Closed as a duplicate of:
Wrong temperatures

Please recast your votes there.