Latest Update (1.31.22.0) Performance Issues

With a BETA so close to release it makes no sense to ONLY test it without mods or addons. After all the addons are an integral part of the game and a late BETA has to be stable enough to work with them. After all 99% of the mods won‘t have problems with a new SU or vice versa.
Of course from time to time specific modss - especially aircraft - might produce problems, but that‘s no reason to exclude mods completely. After all otherwise that would also mean deleting all Marketplace addons.

So I normally test BOTH - and if I encounter a problem with mods I scale down the number of mods and single out the culprit. Has happened exactly ONCE and then it wasn‘t about performance but about a CTD.

With this Beta I didn‘t do any real performance testing, but if the author has a performance degradation from the last BETA version to the current one, that‘s certainly a point worth noting. Unfortunately there‘s no way of going back to the older version, so I can‘t test it anymore myself and have to see what others say.

4 Likes

FWIW: On Xbox X I think the experience has been smoother on SU12 than before. Can’t measure FPS though.

Oh this is good news. Let me test shortly and will report back!

Curious – anyone know what today’s update was for? what it fixed?

All I had was a Standard Content update that addressed the A310. I did not receive an executable update.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/anyone-else-have-this-update-to-standard-content-on-20mar2023/582378

1 Like

Same; just downloaded the update and got that silly “you’ve encountered a graphics error” CTD, but then restarted and all seems fine.

I don’t notice an increase in my FPS, but I definitely notice the microstutters seem to be gone!

3 Likes

I had the same experience. The stutters that appeared in the previous update, are now gone in this latest update.

3 Likes

Microsoft/Asobo are not responsible for any third party addons or mods, it is the resonsabillity of the third party developers to make sure that their products work with MSFS 2020 NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND.

5 Likes

He and everyone else understands this. Yet his point still remains valid: it’s pointless to test a beta without the addons one uses one a day to day basis, hence why there’s a BETA. :wink:

Agreed - as long as the issues are documented to the 3rd party addon provider.

1 Like

That‘s correct. And I also didn‘t want to suggest otherwise.
Nevertheless it still makes sense to me to test the waters in case there‘s some major change that will make a large amount of addons and mods unusable. This in my view means that the changes by in the sim are too radical.
AFAIK this hasn‘t happened before, but I still think it‘s a prudent course of action.

Surley the third party developers will be part of the beta testing as well so that they can test their own product?

They are definitely. Hence why PMDG was able to fix the parking brake issue 10 mins after SU12 released.

1 Like

Yes, 3rd parties test with the beta code and adjust their products accordingly to fix any issues. The challenge is when beta participants test new code from MS/Asobo along with existing code from third parties. In this scenario, determining the root cause of a problem requires the beta tester to remove all 3rd partry software and retest. This step is unfortunately not always taken and 3rd party software defects are sometimes reported to MS/Asobo instead of the 3rd party.

very low fps after this latest Sim „Update“, Community folder empty or not- still low fps. This is not longer tolerated, seriously.

I had the same problem and then did the fix for FSUIPC which was causing my very low frame rates. That fix is mentioned on the forum and I know there is a YouTube video about it as well. I am back to normal for my system. 35-45fps on the ground, ULTRA settings and 45-60 fps in flight. Stuttering is mostly gone. Generally very smooth now.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes, the same issue. Simulator performance hasn’t been all that great since the update. I have the PMDG 737 addon, and usually when flying through scattered clouds I encounter relatively litle FPS performance decreases even when I am viewing them from the cockpit. However since the update, FPS keeps dropping even on short flights.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I do not use FSUIPC. I also tried disabling live traffic to see if that fixed the issue, but it still persisted. I unfortunately had to end the flight. :frowning:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

tengo problemas conesta acutilizacion, las tecturas se ven de colores  y cuando intento regresar al menu principal el jugo se cierra, reinstale 3 veces el simulador y el problema persiste.

aqui el video https://vimeo.com/813614024

Seems to be more of a bragging rights problem than a sim performance problem. No matter what hardware you have, flight simulator can easily outpace that hardware’s capabilities. Asobo therefore has to balance numerous factors when trying to reach the optimal configuration. This will always involve tradeoffs. If those tradeoffs don’t negatively affect the sim’s look and feel, but only slightly reduce numbers on a frame counter, then you don’t have a real problem, just dented pride.

Improved in Sim Update 12 and 13.