Latest update changed rolling cache location?

I have just installed the latest update and I’ve noticed that inside MSFS settings, the rolling cache path has changed.

Before the update I had it on D/Microsoft Flight Simulator (and in fact there’s still a file called "ROLLINGCACHE.CCC which was last updated on the date of my last flight)

Now inside MSFS the path has changed to C/Users/Name/Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft Flight Simulator: inside this folder there’s a ROLLINGCACHE.CCC file last updated a few minutes ago when the update finished its installation.

Can someone enlighten me on this? What should I do?

same here and the cache is now set to 8gig…instead of the 50gig i set on my custom path. these programmers are ■■■■■■■ noobs…and there seems to be no QA. ■■■■ their pretty trailers and feelgood propaganda. the sim is a mess!!

This must have been reset in your update. You can set the rolling cache location in the sim: Options::General::Data::RollingCacheSettings

Choose the delete option (to remove it from the C drive), then change the location to wherever you want. Adjust the size as well, if necessary. You might want to use file explorer to check it has been removed from C, if not delete it manually.

yes i changed it back to the previous chosen location. sofar it holds :wink: who knows for how long

It reset everything I had to change all my graphic settings and other stuff…