LatinVFR Static Aircraft Addon

Does any one know if this static pack also applies to 3rd party airports or is it only default Asobo ones?

1 Like

This static aircraft sounds appealing to me, especially on Xbox with all the generic aircraft. I do have a concern though as they ask to turn your ground aircraft density to zero but donā€™t explain why? Currently my aircraft density is at 100, so thatā€™s quite an extreme change.

Why change to zero, and what are the negative affects of changing to zero? If this add-on only applies to 300 airports, then would my other 20,000 airports have no aircraft? I donā€™t think I want to mess with settings everytime I fly depending where Iā€™m flying, as Iā€™m sure others feel the same. Maybe Iā€™m misunderstanding something though.

What if my ground wasnā€™t set to zero?

FWIW I should mention I fly a lot from big airports such as CYVR out to small ones like regionals and smaller in the same flight.

2 Likes

I guess if you donā€™t put it to zero, MSFS could place another static aircraft where you already have one. May look weird.

Thatā€™s another thing though. So you have to constantly switch between zero for airports covered by the addon and 50 or 100 or whatever for other airports.

Good that you brought this up, now that is defo too much hassle for me. Deleted this from my wishlist. Iā€™ll wait for Asobo to address the whole traffic and static aircraft thing at one point.

1 Like

I purchased this and yes the airports look great! However when flying into other airports that do not have the planes added and ground density set to zero , my airports are blank . Also I have the other airport scenery pack and that is also gone when everything is set to zero . So itā€™s a nice package, but it does not go well for many of the airports if you have no planes there or also have the airport enhancement pack

2 Likes

this really brings life to the airports! it is really a game-changer and a lot more immersive. I agree that is something to consider about changing the slider to zero in ground traffic, I see from the map given it is mostly all major cities/airports in the world. other airports will be empty. Also another thing is spawning into a airport there is no way to see if a static airplane is there at a gate you choose so you will spawn onto a static aircraft. the only way to change is to slew your aircraft to another gate constantly. overall though this is far better than nothing and im happy with this on xbox

1 Like

I hear you Cyber, but as immersive as the add on is, it kills it at all the other airports. For me generic aircraft is better than none at all. Even my smallest private strips have a plane or two on the ground, but nothing at all airports aside from the 300 is a deal breaker for me as I fly mostly GA.

Has anybody tried this add-on with say 50% ground aircraft, and if so does it place the new add-on aircraft on top of the default MSFS aircraft and look ridiculous? Iā€™m trying to figure out how important that 0% recommendation is?

1 Like

It applies to the 300 supported airports, regardless if the are default, handcrafted, or third party. I bought it last night, and taxied around first Cape Town International FACT, then tried OR Tambo International FAOR which for me is payware. In both cases, there were plenty of SA Airlines planes around the airport, as well as other airliners that service through those airports. I also took off from KMIA Miami and that airport was populated (I couldnā€™t tell the airlines at the time since I spawned on the runway in a GA).

Itā€™s obviously nice for taking, but take offs, landing, and flyovers are nice too because the airport is alive. Taking off at KMIA, heading down the runway, there were planes at the gates which was nice.

All in all, very pleased with the purchase

4 Likes

Save your money! All planes are matt lacquered and texture resolution is very poor. If you start from a gate sometimes there is allready a steady aircraft parked that overlaps with your own plane. Even on xboxā€¦I would not buy this again for 15ā‚¬.

1 Like

And again as usual on xboxā€¦bugs. Or does anybody know this airline? :wink:
I have found this plane on Los Angeles Airportā€¦

1 Like

Hi, we have fixed this for an upcoming update, we apologize for this.

2 Likes

Hi Richie, once upon a time us Irish and English didnā€™t get along, but weā€™re good now.
Can these issues also be addressed please. This is Dublin but Iā€™ve also noticed it at other airports.

2 Likes

Purchased this and no static aircraft at all in Chicago KORD and CYVR. No mods or payware airports . They are completely blank with no aircraft showing . I did a uninstall and reinstall and still nothing showing up at these two airports.

1 Like

Is that a user aircraft or a static aircraft made by the 3rd party developer?

because we can move that aircraft from there in an update.

1 Like

Hi Richie, thanks for the reply.
My plane is the BA. That is the gate I picked to start my flight from Dublin. Sorry I canā€™t remember the gate number. It just so happens it is the same gate as LVFRā€™s static aircraft. Moving the aircraft will not solve the problem because what if I pick the same gate as you move the aircraft to?
Iā€™m not a coding expert but you probably need an little IF statement to stop LVFRā€™s static aircraft spawning at the same gate as the user.

1 Like

Great to see the developers being active with the community,

Iā€™m adding an observation on the add-on to this post,

Yesterday I headed to Honolulu due to the Pearl Harbor memorial anniversary and notice a lot of GA static planes out of place, in and around runways 4L and 4R, donā€™t know if this is intentional as I have not being there IRL

It looks like this

Edit: Just realized that @Kapustick did mentioned this earlier in this same post :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

1 Like

FWIW I have flown in and out PHNL many times and I also go plane spotting around the area between 4R and the reef runway. As you suspected the GA aircraft is out of place. Typically all the GA aircraft I have seen at PHNL would be on the aprons around the buildings to the left of your second picture.

I agree itā€™s great to see the developerā€™s chime in here, and I hope their product evolves.

2 Likes

Will see what options the SDK can create but the thing is that our static aircraft act as scenery elements, not vehicles or AI traffic. Our apologies for that.

1 Like

Will remove those for a future update, our apologies for that.

We would like for reports such as these to do them in our forums:

http://www.latinvfr.org/forum/index.php

3 Likes

I see lots of people have already put their 2 cents on this add-on.
Just want to add itā€™s a great little addition and makes airports fun to be around, would love to see an expansion to more airports in the future.

1 Like

I agree, I like this add on, especially when you arrive at an airport and see the different airliners. I arrived in Baghdad and was happy to see Iraqi airways. It adds to the reality. No issue on performance either.

2 Likes