LatinVFR Static Aircraft Addon

Has anyone tried this new addon? LATINVFR - AIRPORT STATIC AIRCRAFT FOR Asobo AIRPORTS MSFS? Looks promising but only at limited airports.

I haven’t really tried this new addon, but based on what I read from the description, I’m not really a fan of placing static aircraft as a static objects at the airports. Because of several reasons:

1. If there are static aircraft placed on the airports, the number of available gates to choose from is severely reduced. The gates available to use need to be deliberately reduced because otherwise, you’ll end up spawning at a gate that already has the static aircraft parked there, or you can have Live traffic spawning at an occupied gate.
  2. Since these are static, you can’t really adjust how many or how few ground aircraft that you want to see. This is important because the more ground aircraft you spawn the more objects you are subjecting your CPU and GPU load to render them.

While the addon looks nice, I just don’t like the drawbacks this mod would bring. But this is just me personally, other people might think and feel differently.

I’d rather use this mod to populate my airports with ground aircraft that can be dynamically adjusted with the slider, and also still opens up the available gates to be used. And it can apply to All Airports, both auto-gen, Asobo Handcrafted, or even other payware airports as well. It also allows you to have livery matching with the Live Traffic ICAO code if you have them.

1 Like

I don’t mind the concept, but because they have to manually place the airplanes are this is just too limited in scope to be worth having. Only four airports in the USA, for instance, have planes.

1 Like

There might be a market for this, idk. But im definitely not interested. I hate already the fact that some devs place plenty of Statics on their airports without the ability to get rid of them.
(looking at you, GAYA LOWW…)

Its a PITA when you fly on VATSIM, especially at busy airports during events.
ATC gives you a gate but you have to deny because theres already a static at this gate is immersion braking and just annoying…

2 Likes

There is a free alternative for this, which I have been using for months and I am very happy with it. And it covers much more than 41 airports worldwide. It is a bit more complicated to use, but if you follow the procedure it works fine.
Unfortunately, there is no way to know if the gate you spawn in is already occupied or not, so you may spawn inside a parked airplane… Upon arrival, is not so bad, if your place is taken, just take a free one nearby (I do not fly VATSIM or other external ATC).

-EGLL
-EGCC
-EDDF
-LEMD
-EDDH
-EDDS
-EGKK
-EHAM
-LSZH
-LFPG
-EDDC
-EDDM
-EGGP
-EYVI
-LKPR
-LOWI
-LPMA
-LXGB
-LEBL
-EHEH

-CYYZ
-CYQB
-CYUL
-CYXU
-CYOW
-KMCO
-KATL
-KSJC
-KORF
-KEWR
-KJAC
-KSAN
-KBWI
-KDEN
-KDFW
-KFLL
-KIAD
-KJFK
-KLAS
-KLAX
-KMIA
-KORD (now fixed)
-KPDX
-KSEA
-KSFO
-KSLC
-KCLE
-KMEM
-MYNN (there will be a Caribbean Region Dedicated file that will not include this airport to avoid redundancy.)

-VHHH
-VHHX
-WSSS
-RKSI
-RJTT
-ROAH
-VOBL
-VOMM
-VQPR
-WIMM
-VIDP
-RJCK
-RJFU
-RJSN
-RJTT
-RKPC
-RORS
So, despite I own several LVFR products and I am happy with them, I will skip this one

2 Likes

Yea if you can don’t mind putting in the effort and downloading the icao library, then this is the way to go.

I personally will wait for AIG to release their own version of AI traffic.

1 Like

I thought about buying it, but then I have seen the price.
Far too much for what’s given.

2 Likes

Well, at least this payware add-on does keep all those static airplanes sit on the ground and not floating like those in freeware, doesn’t it? :wink:

2 Likes

Yea, ive been using that freeware for months, but thats the one major flaw imho. I dont think he has a way to currently make them get onto the ground unfortunately.

2 Likes

Yes they are placed on the ground properly. I thought I’d give it a go as it has a couple of airports I use a lot. I’m just hoping that they manage to find a way to add some payware airports.

1 Like

I don’t see the point in this if you’re on PC since there are some static AI mods that cover more airports and are free.

But I think if this has a chance to get into marketplace then it would be a great product for the Xbox crowd.

1 Like

Hey guys I’m new here to simming but I saw the livery pack and wanted to pick it up but I’m worried about performance, like Will I get crashes to dashboard from this addon? if anyone has it I’d like to know hehe. I’m on the series s.
Cheers

2 Likes

I’d like to know if this would be a great companion with the Simple Traffic add on, that’s if we’ll ever get it, fingers crossed hoping. @Kobebeef926265 I have 3 of LVFR’s regional packs and can say at least these don’t cause lower performance issues. I can definitely recommend their stuff so far if that helps. I’m definitely considering the static upgrade for sure.

2 Likes

Can’t say about performance but know that all this addon does is put static airliners to numerous airports, so that they seem realistically crowded. As these aircraft do not move, I kinda doubt they have an performance impact.

This is the map with the airports

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for you’re reply guys, I’ll give it a go !

2 Likes

I don’t suppose you have Simple Traffic?

1 Like

Nope, I had some freeware stuff on PC for a while some time ago, but I rarely fly airliners and don’t really care much about traffic and such.

I would propably conider buying this addon here if it had other regions covered. My Airliner flights are usually in Asia and Russia and Eastern Europe.
I have little use for static airliners on airports in Europe and America. But that is just me.

2 Likes

Stuck between a rock and a hard place, some decent sales numbers early may motivate them to push it further. It is stipulated that they “may” add more, it’s not unreasonable to hold them to that if it’s well received. Perhaps @Kobebeef926265 can give us some impressions or a review of sorts, sounds like he might be all in.

1 Like

PC Marketplace Version

I like it, and I consider it worth my investment on PC.

It does what Aerosoft’s Simple Traffic doesn’t; it uses real liveries on proper aircraft models. The liveries are more than acceptable for the casual simmer like me. The variety of aircraft models appear accurate enough, although not “high” fidelity - at least for PHNL and JBPHH (Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam). Specifically, the models for JBPHH included C-17s, KC-135s, and C-130s. I didn’t notice any F-22s though. This is correct for the base, and I wasn’t expecting this wonderful inclusion. Previously, I purchased LVFR’s other AREX product, specifically the North America and Pacific. Neither of those products included anything for Hawaii. However, with Static Aircraft from LVFR Hawaiian Airlines is in full representation with A321/A330/B717, UPS/FedEx freighters, and at the expected terminals. I expect LVFR did the same for most of the other airports included in Static Aircraft.

I spend less than 5% of my time on the ramp during startup, departure, and arrival. I don’t need content creation level quality, so the level and variety of static aircraft detail that I see as I’m taxiing makes this product well worth my investment. I still intend to purchase Aerosoft’s Simple Traffic, when it’s available on the Marketplace. I would still like to see dynamic moving Traffic with the correct regional liveries, and I can accept the default aircraft model for that product. In the event that Aerosoft’s Simple Traffic is not compatible with LVFR’s Static Aircraft, I will choose to use LVFR’s Static Aircraft as my priority. Currently, I don’t use live or offline traffic very often.

LVFR’s Static Aircraft addon was only a two click install for me: Purchase, then Download from Content Manager. I still avoid the Purchase and Download single click option due to the purchasing errors (Delays in the transaction and being double charged for an item) I have experienced in the past using that method in the Marketplace.

At PHNL, I notice that there appears to be parking spots at the beginning of 4R. Static civil aviation aircraft are parked on the right side of the runway and apron. Since it is recommended and I already had my Ground Aircraft Density set to zero, I don’t know how I could address this issue from the settings. Also, when I arrived in PHOG Maui, all the general aviation parking spots were full. The default marshaller was positioned and directing me to an already occupied parking spot. I just parked somewhere else and escape out to the menu before I get the double logbook entry and anyone says, “Eh Brah! No can park dare boo!”

I wasn’t even aware of LVFR’s Static Traffic until I saw it in the Marketplace. It is a simple addition to the base game and it installs to the Official Folder. As a casual simmer that spends most of my time airborne and touring around the landscapes, LVFR’s Static Traffic is a great addition for airports - with what I consider “minor” bugs that I can overlook for now.

4 Likes

Thanks for you’re input I can get a clearer picture now, I will report in on the Xbox version shortly

1 Like