Leipzig Halle (EDDP) taxi bridge bugged

Jo, am besten einfach kurz drüber fliegen… :joy::joy::joy:

Same here - log it on Zendesk to make sure they know how many people want the issue fixed.

I already reported that to Zendesk during the Alpha…
As Asobo announced, they will update terrain in larger chunks when better satellite imagery gets available, so I don’t expect it to be recified soon.

there’s already a “fix” for this:

that is nice, but I’d rather have Microsoft/Asobo fix the base game, than having to install 100’s of little mods which might break with future updates.

2 Likes

Than you should avoid flying into EDDP (and any other Airport with Taxibridges) in the near future. :wink:

Just giving options until they fix it themself. :smiley:

hehe, I appreciate that :slight_smile: no worries.
Still think everyone running into this should make a zendesk ticket thought, to get it fixed eventually. Up to that point, I agree that installing a temp fix if you plan to frequent that airport is a good workaround.

1 Like

It’s not possible to take off there either. There’s something weird going on with the runway, it flipped my Beechcraft Bonanza upside down while rolling along at 40 knots. It survived a few bumps before but then got launched into a back flip.

It could be a problem with the game since next airport at Dresden there were weird bumps on the runway as well, Not as bad, plane stayed right side up, but still not good. It was at dusk so I couldn’t see the surface very well, maybe cracks from lod changes or something.

2 Likes

I noticed a glitch in runway 8L/26R. When I land in Cj4 like a pothole or something and the plane flips and crashes. Also the taxiway bridge sinks plane into the pavement[taxiway A].

I think all taxiway bridges are broken. I already tried them. I also send a request and it has been marked as solved but no answer. I am pretty sure the problem is only in the versions without the handcrafted airport in Leipzig. But to be honest. This airport right now sucks and is really unplayable… Kinda sad but I hope for it.

After some patches, the broken runways in Halle/Leipzig are still the same… Airplane crashes always. Same in Nuernberg. I reported it more than one to zendesk, but no answer…

1 Like

I reported it too. They eventually set the status to ‘solved’ but I didn’t get an answer too… Maybe we just have to wait

I tested it out yesterday and the taxiway bridges are still glitching. Planes sink into the bridges

I was taking off at EDDP and ATC directed me to 26R via taxiway E.

Taxiway E is divided into two parallel taxiways (E7 and E8) both of which overpass a large freeway on the way to the runway. In my Carenado Mooney Ovation I taxied toward the runway as directed. When I reached the section where taxiway E arches slightly over the freeway my aircraft did not follow the slope of taxiway, but instead kept going straight and level into, and then below(!), the pavement. When I reached what I supposed was the downward side of the arch my plane nosed into the pavement and I had to restart.

I tried again and took the other parallel taxiway and the same thing happened. It’s pretty much impossible to take taxiway E7 or E8 to or from RWY26R.

The bug still exists.
Update 1.21.13.0 (with “handcrafted airport” EDDP) apparently didn’t fix it.

Snapshot on current 1.21.18.0:

“Jumping” over the faulty bridge in slew mode worked like a charm.
Thanks for the suggestion. I didn’t think of that workaround myself.

Moderator Edit: This topic and replies were merged into here as it seems to mainly report the taxiing over bridge issue. For other issues, it’s advisable to search for existing topics or create a new.

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
no
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
no
Brief description of the issue:
The Leipzig Halle Airport EDDP is the very Big DHL HUB in Germany. But in MSFS this Airport is very very poor simulated. The biggest issue was with the taxiing over the Bridges, but also the Pax gates are really wrong designed. The normally red lines under the Jetways are in comlete red, not in lines.
Also on the DHL Site of the Airport the Buildings are very wrong designed , the same for the PAX Site of the Airport.
I expect really more of a default Airport or is it because it is in Germany and not in USA ??
I am very sad about that !
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

There are a lot of such airports even beyond that that could be requested in this way. Therefore, this does not make much sense. The airport on flightsim.to can be used well.