Leonardo MD80 taking forever to load

Waited 30 minutes already. The blue loading bar is finished. Hasn’t put me into the sim yet. Restarted and tried again, still the same issue after 20 minutes. Help?

Is it the first load? It can take 30-45min. Keep waiting.

After the initial load, subsequent loads will be back to normal. They state this in the manual that comes with.

yes i read the manual, i shall continue to wait then. Lol thanks

Did it load then? :slight_smile:

And just to be clear, this is not a Mad Dog issue. This same issue is present with ANY complex add-on. PMDG, the new Bae-146, any of them the first time loading will be forever long.

Mine took 25-30 minutes to load up for the first time.

YMMV depending on your PC specs, so just be patient.

After the blue progress bar was loaded, I continued to wait for about 10 minutes… about 30 minutes in total before entering the airport…

I just installed the FBW A320X and the sim has been loading it now for 40 minutes. I don’t care how complex any aircraft is. It is utterly ridiculous that any software would perform in this way “on first load” when the actual source files is only a few GBs. In all other operational venues related to software functionality, this would be considered a hard failure. Expecting software to take 40 minutes to an hour or more to load a single aircraft is beyond unacceptable and will be the demise of this platform if Asobo doesn’t get in front of it. I have since stopped purchasing anything in the Marketplace because of it. There are other reason for that decision, but this issue right here is the biggest one. It’s costing Asobo at this point and would behoove them to resolve this. Totally unacceptable, IMO! It is also one of the reasons why I have not pulled the trigger on the MD-80.

3 Likes

Yeah it loaded, took 45 minutes in total. Usually new addons would take at most 20 mins but the Leonardo Maddog took significantly longer. I always load into an airport that’s in the middle of an ocean to reduce the initial load time slightly, not sure if it works. Second loads and on take 5 minutes, like I expected. The dog flies great, it’s definitely the best airliner for MSFS so far in terms of avionics and systems, above the CRJ. Can’t wait for the PMDG 737 next week.
Sorry for the late reply, you could say I was too busy with the MD80 :sweat_smile:

You can get over it if that works for you. For me, it’s ridiculous. Gotta love people marginalizing others with their personal opinions.

Hapens everytime there is an update to the plane and sim as well. And in case of the 146 or any plane with variations, it will happen on each model type the first load.

40 minutes sounds like a system problem. Here it’s close to 7-10 minutes. Still long, but nowhere near 40 minutes.

Could it be that these extremes are for people with an old school HDD perhaps?

2 Likes

My problem with the Maddog is can’t get my Alpha and Bravo to work correctly with it. My Logitech panels are not working right either. Alpha, Bravo and Logitech panels working fine with other aircraft, any suggestions? Thanks

Off topic, you will get more answer by creating a new thread

I’m on an SSD, the initial load mostly uses your CPU and hard drive. However, I have a pretty old CPU so I guess that’s why it took 45 minutes to load in, which is just a long time.

Yes the MadDog took almost 40 minutest for the initial load, the CRJ 25 minutes (with NVMe drives), and the 737 about 15 minutes.

It is very important to notice people about this long first long load-up because everyone might think their flight sim has crashed while sitting in front of the PC and seing the loading screen frozen for five minutes…

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Brief description of the issue:

Moderator Translation:
The LH MD82 worked fine but after installing the update 12590 does not boot. When the blue progression bar appears and when it stops at the end of the route nothing happens

O MD82 do LH funcionava bem mas após a instalação do update 12590 não arranca. Quando é selecionado aparece a barra de progressão azul e quando esta para no fim do percurso nada acontece1 :slight_smile:

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

The problem is SOLVED. No need to make an issue on it. Just need to wait for a long time then it will load.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video: