Let's collect locations with water masks already applied

Excellent post @tomlaut1980! (Just a qucik note for anyone else copy and pasting those co-ordinates from the above post into Google Maps, make sure you replace the commas with decimal points and the locations will show up for you)

Lord Howe Island’s lagoon has been updated with WU7. Find it by flying from YLHI:

10 Likes

Thanks for posting this one. What a beautiful location!

1 Like

Unfortunately WU8 has reduced water masking. For example in the caribbean: St. Lucia used to have beautiful water masking around Hewanorra airport, it appears to be gone now. Has anyone noticed that as well?

WU8 also bugged 3rd party mesh. seems every stop forward is two steps back with some things

1 Like

Any insight into whether Key West, Florida will be water masked soon?

1 Like

There are some really lovely rivers south of Bissau (GGOV) …

8 Likes

I don’t think many have covered as much airspace as you have Tom! Thx for all the great sites you share!

1 Like

Were any water masks added in WU9 Italy Malta ?

The WaterBlurMasks.cgl file was last updated with the Australia World Update (31 January 2022), so no new masks have been added since then.

I saw the date of that file on my hard drive and was stunned that two world updates went by without any new water masks. I thought maybe some of them were streamed online, but I guess not. Thanks.

1 Like

Nice video in all sims trailers always look the best lol

Mnemba Island, North of Zanzibar, Africa. It has a topic on Bushtalkradio too.

5 Likes

Okay, so what’s a water mask? First time I’m coming across the term. Is it like a skybox but for the water? :smiley:

It’s basically an orthophoto for water instead of land.

1 Like

I see that the CGL file has still not been updated with WU10 :disappointed_relieved:

I guess they’re not going to do that anymore…

i supose they covered all the regions that advertised on the promo videos…that was the primary objective

In case those haven´t been mentioned yet:

Here is some watermasking near the coast of Belize:

18,584715, -87,318028

17,980712, -87,917345

18,212684, -87,837132

17,086267, -88,039302

Antigua:

17,039622, -61,815927

South Grenadines

12,633316, -61,370958

12,695350, -61,331308

12,590164, -61,434179

12,514869, -61,419930

6 Likes

Any new locations in the US since the World Update X: USA ?

Still waiting for my beloved Key West.

1 Like

Costal Mozambique S of Beira

2 Likes

A HUGE Thanks to all of the posts and pictures here on this topic. I jumped into the Bora Bora Discovery Flight the other day and just totally fell in love with the highly detailed turquoise water, reefs and island all the while landing and taking off from the water in the Textron Aviation Cessna 172 Skyhawk. I wanted to find and fly to other island destinations where the photogrammetry has been done and provides you with the same exquisite turquoise blue water, reefs and island. Now I’ve found this thread with all of these great locations to check out! I’m so excited, thanks again everyone.

1 Like