LFMN (Nice) to LFMD (Mandelieu) CTD

Same NET version in my registry. But I may slowly be getting there by trying to get all my settings to a default.

In MSFS Options I first reset my graphics to Default. No improvement, CTD as usual.

Then I reset the audio settings to Default… Surprise, the LUXUS waypoint, LFMD and I are now again best friends :slightly_smiling_face: ! No CTD for 2 long flights while crisscrossing over the airport, landing, taking off, an absolute record for the last week or two.

Really strange ! I can remember changing settings to stop the background music during startup, and was using my headphones as communications device. But this has worked for many months.

Will continue more test flights, then try to go back to my old settings and see what happens.

2 Likes

Resetting to default the in game audio settings or via control panel, sound, restore defaults? Curious, what kind of headset do you have?

I reset to defaults using the in-game options settings for category audio.
It’s a normal audio headphone connected to my standard pc headphone output with a jack.

2 Likes

ah… interessting… these sound-“split” option. May be there is an issue. But also check about for installed sound “tools” (drivers). As mentioned these Asus Tools (sonic * ) and the depends Nahimic service cause often strange issues. Deinstall these tools and disable the service, in case it is installed.

I don’t have an Asus and don’t have those tools/drivers.

Will start putting back my settings tomorrow and will update this post if anything changes !

Thanks again to all !

That is what I have been pondering lately, trying to find a good headset that I can just plug into the jack in the back of the Realtek onboard audio which is actually a really nice audio chip. Trying to get away from these ■■■■ USB Gaming Headsets with bloat software that is often cause of issues through drivers and compatibility. Not to mention the software that is updated so much and just adds more bloat and bugs.

one additiona note: just in case. MSI boards install these kind of tools (sound drivers) too ( just realtek *).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.