Lightning at a distance would be fantastic

Hello Gang.

Today I did a short range flight from NZAA to YSSY on the 787. Truth is that I’ve underestimated the stock 787. It needs a ton of work, but it gets the job done - I was pleased. It was a night flight and there was plenty of weather along the route. One thing I missed seeing is the lighnint at a distance or in towering cumulus. I’ve observed this many times in long-range night flights…it would add a great deal of realism to see the lighnint at a distance at night.

Hello @DMullert

We have moved this into #self-service:wishlist as it’s own topic. Feel free to continue the discussion and vote on it here.

Ok first need to get live weather working and stable, but would love to see immersion of distant lightning the kind you see but don’t hear because it’s so far away and gives more of a “yellow/orange” glow. And usually do not even see the actual lightning bolts but just the “glow” of the cumulonimbus. This is such a powerful sight in real life!

Wow this looks beautyful! Sheet lightning without visible bolts of lightning should be an enhancement of the future for cloudy summer evenings :slight_smile:

2 Likes

we need it now

1 Like