Lightning in mostly sunny skies

currently flying from london to Hamburg Germany, im over the clouds but randomly lightnings comming from the clear sky

1 Like

I actually would prefer if they removed thunderstorms from the sim entirely as long as they can’t manage to have them placed correctly.

The probability of flying in a real thunderstorm is much lower than right now experiencing thunder in random conditions.

I hoped they could fix it on server side, but it looks like the weather data downloaded doesn’t provide explicit thunderstorms but rather the sim interpretes certain conditions to be good for a thunderstorm and that one is going crazy

Agreed, they should remove thunder and lightning instead of trying to fix it. or at least give us the option to disable it.

I didn’t say instead. They should remove it until it is fixed.
Having thunderstorms is essential especially for airliners, but the current state is worse than not having them.

We all know the odds of them not trying to fix it are slim

And of course they didn’t fix it. Its one of the only times since day one with the sim that i am actually angry.

Please tell me your not serious, this wasn’t fixed?

Obviously you guys are joking no way would Asobo have left it like that 5-6 weeks later, must’ve been fixed, being the most voted for bug this patch with over 200 votes, with how in your face this bug ruins the experience, not a chance asobo have left it, cmon guys. be serious.

with this metar: LEIB 131830Z 21009KT 180V240 CAVOK 21/15 Q1012 NOSIG i had thunder and lighting as well

Same in here brazil, 34 C °, sunny day and lots ligtning n’ thunder
 do they want force us to buy Rex wheater engine?

3 Likes

No cmon, stop messing around guys, I refuse to believe any dev team in the world would have left such a fcked up bug in the game, stop fooling around.

The devs are just AC-DC fans!

1 Like

Was really eagerly awaiting this patch as the last patch was a mess I ever experienced in simming or gaming, completely broke many areas of the game while not actually fixing much of what was meant to be fixed, GOD knows how it passed any sort of checks or quality testing.

Anyway, as before, loaded into my hometown clear skies, blue skies, barely a cloud in site, less than 10 seconds and BANG!!! I hear the thunder. Load up to a random place with also clear weather just to get a 2nd opinion from difference location, clear skies again, and BANG thunder 8 seconds after loading in.

I have only flown in Southern California since day 1 and have yet to see a single raindrop

I’m still seeing thunder etc also.

Got nothing to do with rain, I have my hometown loaded up, clear blue skies, no rain, no clouds, thunder strikes every 5-10 seconds random places in clear blue sky.

No. I don’t have this issue that you reported as “thunder and lightning everywhere”.

If its your home area then the title shouldn’t be “everywhere” but be specific.

The lightning has definitely been OVERKILL since patch 3.

I was flying over France earlier, live weather, some cloud around but mostly fine, yet I was flying through a thunderstorm! I thank ASOBO for the latest patch, as for me at least, fixed the worst issues I was having (the VFR map CTD bug, fixed, the avionics turning off bug, fixed, less rocking on autopilot, no camera view glitches, all good and much appreciated. Now if you could just get rid off the excessive thunder and lightning, that would be fantastic! I would be happy if you left it at that.

Was a beautiful sunny afternoon in Toronto (CYTZ), so I loaded up the SIM with live weather & traffic and was met with heavy thunderstorms and very low visibility
 what gives?

I agree - weather has been messed up since patch 3.

For everyones info I have submitted to zendesk, last time and this time, but while being one of the most voted for bugs in the last patch, the problem still persists, we need to continue to make a fuss to get this immersion breaking bug rectified.