Lightning in mostly sunny skies

This bug brought to you by 2020. Maybe it will be gone Jan 1? :’) Just had an hour flight of constant lightning and thunder. Up in till a few days ago I wasn’t experiencing this bug but since Friday or so its been constant.

Yes, exactly why my title is titled everywhere, disregarding one silly poster trying to be clever but ended up just looking ignorant. Before this patch thunder and lightning was ALOT but I had patches of no thunder and lightning, now I have been to numerous places around the world, checking everytime real life weather for it to be clear, and EVERY single place, as in “EVERYWHERE” is thunder and lightning even when there is zero clouds in the sky or as far as the eye can see!

In each place I have restarted, reloaded live weather on and off, cleared cache each time even restarted my system, each time I visited a new place, but the constant thunder remains.

It’s a matter of reporting that it’s not “everywhere” as you reported here.

And absolutely no need for personal attacks!

As already mentioned if you have no input on this matter, please don’t bother.

Many of us (one of the highest voted last patch) with this immersive breaking issue are trying to get help, thank you.

Why is there the need to open a separate thread to existing reports which just diffuses the votes and discussion?

1 Like

You realise there is a patch today right. Also you realise that thread you linked is my thread too from the previous patch.

I got a zendesk email reporting closed on my old report.

Not sure if your new around here, but each patch is a fresh report, idea being we and AS/MS need to gauge if the problem is the same, worse or better than before, hence the voting system.

I do, but there is no use to create duplicate threads. The bug is not set to resolved in the forums, you still can contribute in the other thread.

There is no rule to create new reports in the forum for each patch. That’s not how a forum with voting works.

Zendesk is a different topic and has no correlation to the forums thread whatsoever.

2 Likes

Moving on, please only people with input on the matter at hand, thank you.

I am not talking about Zendesk. Just saying that opening a new forums thread was not necessary.
The old thread is not closed and discussion and voting should continue there.

Still no point in opening a new thread.
Your email says to open a new Zendesk report if issue persists which you of course should do.
But you’re mixing the forum with Zendesk, they have nothing to do with each other.

2 Likes

Get REX WeatherForce. Fixes all the weather issues and increases accuracy and your ability to control the weather.

I have been umming and arring about REX since it’s release and been very close to buying it, it does look really good, but then I come back to the fact “Live Weather” is a highly advertised stock feature of the game, so I can’t bring myself round to using a paid 3rd party app to do a job the game should’ve been doing from day 1. That and the fact I seen REX itself also has quite a few bugs.

But as each patch passes, more hope is lost so might just bite the bullet very soon on Rex.

Do you use Rex?

1 Like

Yes. I just got it a week ago. No issues so far except it does need to be reset sometimes while you’re flying. All very simple to use and pretty fluid. Love the interface too. It feels good having accurate weather and more information about your weather in the area at your fingertips.

1 Like

Thank you, tbh it’s not just thunder that’s the problem, live weather only works for 1 flight, then it completely bugs out and never works again, till I relaunch the whole game which is a right pain. So even if this thunder were fixed, i’d probably still have this other problem, so I may be looking well into 2021 before live weather is even close to working properly.

1 Like

Yep. The fix is to set your weather to Clear Skies on your second flight. Then when you get into your new flight, change it to live weather at the top. It solves the live weather not working after first flight.

2 Likes

I use REX and it is fantastic. I did a flight today from KBED to CYQB and used REX to inject the real world weather. At the same time, used XMapsy 3 to track the flight in ForeFlight. It was uncanny. What I saw on the Internet sourced NEXRAD display in ForeFlight is exactly what I saw outside the G36 in MSFS.

Waiting for Asobo to fix it is your prerogative, of couse, but I follow the “Life is too short” theory to endure the aggravation when I know there is a relatively inexpensive solution at hand.

3 Likes

Maybe for you, but not for me, this is 1 “fix” of a long list that I have tried, and a complete restart remains the only fix for me.

All the fixes in the world don’t matter if “live” weather doesn’t reflect reality in any way whatsoever.

Thanks for posting about REX, I had no idea that a third-party weather addon was already available, going to check that out. Asobo’s live weather is right out to lunch and I am just so fed up with it… I am trying to do an ‘around-the-world’ flight in the C172, and on the last few legs the weather has been so wrong it isn’t even funny. Real life METAR stated clear skies with 9 sm vis, in the sim the conditions consisted of thunderstorms and marginal VFR with less than 2sm vis. :man_facepalming: Even switched to a weather preset and then back to Live to make sure something wasn’t bugging out - the storms returned every time I switched back to Live.

1 Like

It’s not even close is it, I mean if the weather was a little bugged, and maybe 1-2 hours off but somewhat close to real life I would put up with it until they implemented it better, but real life weather and live weather literally have no links whatsoever 80% of the time, thunderstorms in clear weather being the most prominent, I haven’t heard a thunder strike in my hometown since before Last christmas!! on MSFS 2020 it’s thunder and lightning all the time apparently in my hometown!!

2 Likes

Yep, I could deal with it being an hour or two behind. At least I would know that these “were” the conditions experienced here a short time ago, I could live with that. But bolts out of the blue, from stratus or alto cumulus… Rain and storms where there weren’t any to begin with? Nope. Hard pass.

Software dev is my day job, and I just can’t fathom how Asobo keeps on releasing patches that are full of serious bugs or introduce NEW bugs. Something tells me that their testing and QA process is severely flawed…