Limited Performance All Base Model/Handcrafted Airports PC Version

Microsoft Store Version

I have tested Multiple Airports. All the Base Model and Handcraft Airports are limiting performance. Not Sure if it is CPU optimization Issues. But the Performance at all Base and Handcrafted airports are causing stutters and issues.
Specs: Windows 11 Latest Version
Driver: Latest Nvidia Driver 496.74
1Tb SSD, I9-10850K, RtX 3080 TI.

Please see screen shoots of my custom airports vs base/handcrafted airports. Please VOTE!

LEBL- Custom Airport: FPS 50 Avg

KATL - Handcrafted Airport: FPS 30 Avg

EKCH - Custom Airport: FPS 50 Avg

EDDP - Handcrafted : FPS 35 Avg

also, when you change cameras multiple times the game end up freezing and not responding anymore.
Check this in LSZH, such a disaster!

3 Likes

Yes even disabling the handcraft airport and using a custom airport in the same area results in the same performance issues. I disabled LSZH by Gaya and used my custom handcrafted by FSDREAMTEAM and the same results.

Moved topic to #bugs-and-issues:performance as the topics main concern is performance.

It looks like you are optimizing quality, not performance. Anything non-graphics related interfering with the quality processing by the CPU is going to cause stutters. Any background processes, file transfers, disk accesses, etc, might cause noticeable stutters. Try cutting back on quality optimization a little or tune for optimal performance instead of quality.

No background processing running. I clear out all back ground task before any flight. Plus I have 32gb 3600 mhz ram so it shouldn’t be an issue. I should not have to ping down multiple settings to gain performance back when using SU6 I was getting avg 45-55 fps at the handcrafted airports. They are not optimized well and should be brought to the developers attention.

You are assuming that there have been no changes in SU7 that impact performance or quality therefore no adjustments should be needed. I think this is a HUGE assumption for any update because Asobo updates their previous update.

Handcrafted airports by Asobo and 3rd party developers cram a LOT of scenery and object into a relatively small space compared to “stock” airports. Essentially developers trade higher quality airports for a little less performance. Maybe scenery and objects can be better optimized… I have no idea. Based on the number of new airports and new scenery being developed by 3rd parties, it appears that many users want MORE detail and better graphics than stock (better performance).

I am having the exact same problem and its a happening especially at Flytampa KLAS so its not just Asobo handcrafted airports on my end.

There is no solution. The issue is the photogrammetry surrounding the airport. If you switch photogrammetry off the issue resolved itself. If you turn it back on the performance and utilization of resources goes down. So it’s a bug with the photogrammetry!!! Please log and bring the issues up at zen desk or windows feedback.

For me, lowering LOD around bigger airports/cities mostly solves the problem. Nevertheless it was not the case before SU7.

The same problem as many others have as well. After updating to Worldupdate 7 stuttering and impossible take offs at Asosbo handcrafted airports …? After take off smooth flying.?
Plse inform community and resolve the bug. Have already reinstalled the newest MSFS 2020 and reduced all parameters to a minimum with no results. Will try to turn off photogrametry?

Same problem here. I lose about 10 fps at airports with surrounding photogrammetry on the ground.

1 Like

This is hardly a “performance issue”. This is a" Crash" / " Sim is not stable" issue. Most definitely a " BUG". I hate it when as a moderator you people like to change the " Light", and severity of the problem.

1 Like

Having the same problem. This is all new. Can’t get off the ground. When I go to exterior camera, and pan eft and right, it freezes and “program is not responding”…also known as CRASH ! no mods, reinstalled entire sim, lowered pc settings into the basement, all had no effect !

The area immediately surrounding the Atlanta airport is the worst performing spot on the entire planet. It consists mostly of trees. Once you’re actually flying over downtown Atlanta, the sim performs adequately however. I’ve found handcrafted airport performance to be terrible in SU6 and SU7. The current public beta has made no improvement in the performance of handcrafted airports, which used to perform perfectly well.

The entire Atlanta performed way better when the sim was in its early days now its a slideshow on my system. I did a flight around one of our nearby airfield KLZU Lawrenceville. Great performance on the ground but the moment I got airborne my framerates dip to the early 20s.If I face the camera down to the trees it dips below 20.
Unless you are running something as powerful as a 3080/3090 the average GPU is not equipped to render all those polygons.

1 Like

I think this is not a hardware issue but a bug in the WUP6 ? There are so many comments out there complaining about stuttering around airports which is connected to the photogrammetry issue .!!

Turning it off solves the problem but the sim is only half as intersting for VFR flight than it was before .

I stopped buying addons and I’m stopped using it until ASOSBO recognises this glitch and fixes it.!

Hopefulyy soon…?

I have the same issue - intense stutters when I switch to External Camera Free-look from the cockpit at LSZH. Then the sim freezes and it shows “Not Responding” on the task manager. I have to close the sim from there to get it working again. Can anyone confirm if lowering your LOD is a temporary workaround for now??

Makes these so called premium airports unusable.

I get better performance with the Gatwick mod than I do with Heathrow and the Gatwick mod is far more superior in every aspect

Used to be the case on my end until I upgraded my cpu.No performance between Gatwick and Heathrow here.