List of autopilots?

Does anyone have a list of which Garmin units are in the various aircraft in the standard MSFS 2020?

Would like to see one as well. Thanks in advance.

How specific are you talking? For example, the actual autopilot of the G1000 is typically the GFC700 or similar. But most people just call it a G1000 autopilot. Here are the ones that come to mind:

G1000:
Bonanza G36
Baron G58
Caravan 208
Cessna 172S
Cirrus SR22
Diamond DA40
Diamond DA62

G3000:
TBM-930

G5000:
Citation Longitude

Collins:
KingAir 350i - Collins ProLine Fusion
(although the sim has the Garmin logo and is modeled very poorly)

Citation CJ4 - Collins ProLine 21

747 / 787 - Collins

A320 - Thales (I think)

6 Likes

Thanks! That’s great. Just to know which add-ons might apply…

1 Like

A320 looks more like Honeywell.

1 Like

The King Air “Collins” is just a redressed G3000.

^ This. Sad but true.

1 Like

G3X Landscape
XCub
VL-3 (autopilot only available via key bindings)

G3X Portrait
SW121

I assume all neo’s have Thales avionics, didn’t Airbus quit using Honeywell long time ago?

Regardless which autopilots are used they all come with the same flaws:

1 Like

Not that I’m aware of. We just got brand new A321neo’s. All of them are Honeywell. Or I’m sure they are…oh heck…now I’m doubting myself.

I think you are right, I just googled it… I thought everything is Thales nowadays, apparently not.

Yeah, initially it was all Thales, but then the Honey pot showed up. The Honey’s.

Will the WT G3000 mod work with the King Air then? And thanks for the responses!

Good question. I haven’t bothered to fire up the KA in a good while. I did fly the TBM in the Swiss Alps the other day in some really bad weather, and the progressive terrain map really saved me! I’ll try to fire up the KA after supper.

1 Like

I’d like to know as well. I’m waiting until my Bravo arrives to properly control the king air.

OK - I lied… It’s not the G3000 in the KA. It’s a multi-screen version of the same G3X that’s in the XCub. To access the menus, there’s a Menu button near the front left corner of the center console. If you’re familiar with the functions in the XCub, then you should be able to work with the KA. But because the WT G3X package is still very much a work in progress, there are some things that still don’t work.

You forgot the G3X in the XCub, and about my earlier response, the KA uses that as well, not the G3000.

There is no need to fire up the KA, I checked yesterday to see if they finally fixed the flight model for that plane and its still a big joke (I have flown that aircraft in real life). It doesn’t slow down as there is no prop drag modelled, it keeps on floating. The real aircraft decelerates pretty quick with the power at flight idle and won’t float long during flare in real life. The missing prop effects make it behave completely unrealistic. Even with the Workingtitle mod for the avionics I’ll keep it parked in the back of the virtual hanger in long term storage :sweat_smile: :joy:.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.