List of "Fun" Airstrips

LF0753 to LF0759, again. Links above.
This time in the Staggerwing. Can it do it? Yes it can! Just wish they’d update the taildragger model in this sim, especially on this model.

Hefty tailwind, only juuuust made it out.

Is that fence still with me? :sweat_smile:

Nice valley to fly up

See the strip yet?

Downwind…

Base to landing.

And due to consecutive posts, by next flight is here instead!
Because I’d made an error with the airport linking above, here is LF3851 Altisurface Les Verdures!

A fun little strip, with lots of animated horses, and a magnificent view across the valley, over a huge viaduc. Need to find out which one it is and see if it’s modelled.

Very nice!

1 Like

I really appreciate all the suggestions you have been putting up. I’ve not had much time to fly recently (fighting my PC settings for my new VR before I can enjoy it) but I have downloaded all your suggestions.

Finally got somewhere good with settings last night so I will be trying these trips out over the weekend!

Thanks again!!

(Now it’s not consecutive posts… so you can give us 3 more lol :wink: )

I will try and contribute some soon too now I’m hopefully back on track.

1 Like

A couple US-based airfields:

Falwell in Virginia:
W24 Falwell ‘ski slope’ Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS
I’ve landed at this place a couple times in real life. Fun place to go to. You only land one direction, take off the other. You can figure out which is which!

2NCO Mountain Air in NC. This is the highest airfield in the US east of the Mississippi:
2NC0 - Mountain Air Airport (Burnsville, North Carolina) for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

Safety, Originality on an Even Scale at Unique North Carolina Community - FLYING Magazine

There’s also a higher quality payware option available on the Marketplace that I own.

Ingalls Field Virginia: The highest public use airfield east of the Mississippi

KHSP - Ingalls Field Airport (Hot Springs, Virginia) for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

2 Likes

112NM in north alps mountains. Some strips are very high.
Carefully choose your weather and plane.
Additional sceneries used are listed in the .txt file.

Have fun and blue skies.

There is a freeware one on Simvol:
https://www.simvol.org/telechargements/aeroports/aspres
and a payware on SimMarket (with cheap price).
Can’t tell about quality, I didn’t try them.

1 Like

Its not exactly a STOL or a difficult approach but Stow Maries by Burning Blue Designs is fantastic.

Awesome thanks. Must have searched wrong. I’ll check them out!

You should check this new freeware airstrip I made. It includes Yambaitok airstrip and village + the landscapes around (rivers, vegetation, rocks…)

It surely is a fun approach overflying rivers between the mountain.