List of heliports

I would like an active list of active heliports we can fly to in flight simulator the only one i found so far is the one at KJRB at New York didn’t know if there were others in the USA or not thanks

1 Like

London Heliport, EGLW, London, United Kingdom
Giza Plateau Helipad, HEGH, Giza, Egypt
Downtown Manhattan Heliport, KJRB, Manhattan, New York, United States
Issy-les-Moulineaux Heliport, LFPI, Paris, France
Tokyo Heliport, RJTIH, Tokyo, Japan
Heliponto Dona Marta, SMDH, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Burj Al Arab, OBAR, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Lingotto Building Helipad, LIBH, Turin, Italy
Bitexco Financial Tower Helipad, VVBF, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietman
Menara Telekom Tower Helipad, WMMT, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The Needles Lighthouse Helipad, EGLH, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
US Bank Tower Helipad,4CA1, Los Angeles, California, United States
Rainbow Air Incorporated Heliport, NK80, Niagara Falls State Park, New York, United States
White House Helipad, KWHH, Washington D.C., United States

4 Likes

Thanks they should add more to than than but its not bad

1 Like

I totally agree!

In the meantime there are oil rigs (you can find some near Santa Barbara, CA (KSBA), also in the Gulf of Mexico near LaFourche, LA (KGAO) or near Galveston,TX (KGLS)…)

There is a bunch of free helipad and oil rig addons you can search for on Flightsim.to too…

1 Like

Of course there are thousands of others that you can land but not spawn on. I can’t really see why once there they can’t be saved for future flights albeit without a flight plan in place and even if ATC doesn’t want to play ball.

1 Like

And there are a few addons via Flightsim(dot)to, that had close to a hundred helipads in New York, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts, complete with LNM files so you can find them easily.

1 Like

1 Like

I have noticed something else to that really annoys me apparently the ability to use AI Piloting under the assists menu is not usable on helicopters they need to enable that for newbies like me of course

1 Like

Mistake on this one. Should be EGLH :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Perhaps the AI copilot hasn’t learned how to fly helicopters? Doesn’t seem to be able to taxi GA aircraft safely, so helps might just be too difficult.

1 Like

If you select a helicopter and go into the world map - it will highlight helipads for you ( same with gliders - will show “glider friendly” airports ) - there are some false positives though.

The default MSFS oil rig doesn’t have collision, so you’ll fall through if you try to land on the pad. The fs.to sceneries have helipads w collision added, so they will work. CA, AK, Italy, North Sea and probably a few more. Aerosoft has their North Sea addon coming soon - and that should have a ton of helicopter support.

1 Like

just flew a few areas and missing some heliports, the West 30th St Heliport in New York and Monaco heliport as well are missing in the database :confused:

1 Like

someone’s got a Monaco Heliport on fs.to - I haven’t tried it, but it looks fine

the other 2 d/t NYC heliports are missing though ( Wall Street is included in the update? or maybe it’s the NYC payware scenery, I don’t remember :stuck_out_tongue: )

you can turn on some assists that make it a bit easier to fly. But Helicopters by nature are more difficult than fixed wing

Don’t be put off by helicopters being more challenging to fly than fixed wing. Once you learn and start developing the skills needed to fly helicopters they are a lot more enjoyable and really more involving in many ways than fixed wing.
Stick at it, keep practising, checkout YouTube etc. for pointers of how to do it.
Here’s my quick text version for picking up into a hover from the ground, I.e. taking off and being in control…
Assuming the engine is running and you are set for flight of course…

1. Slowly raise the collective until the helicopter becomes light on the skids, I.e. it will just start wanting to move. Usually this tends to be initially yaw and then pitch.
  2. As the heli starts yawing I.e. nose moves left or right you obviously apply pressure to the opposite anti-torque pedal. The direction of movement is dependent on the direction of rotor rotation. For the 407 you need a left pedal correction and for the Cabri right pedal.
  3. Once the yawing action has settled continue to slowly raise the collective. Now the heli will likely want to start pitching forward/backwards. This time use the cyclic to counteract the pitch. You will likely need to adjust pedal position to keep yaw in check.
  4. If you follow the above and maintain good control you should slowly transition into a low hover just off of the ground.

To be honest MSFS feels a bit like helicopter skids are somewhat stuck to the ground from what I have experienced so far, so this is perhaps not as smooth as it could be. In DCS for example the transition during pick up can be completed with a good level of control.

I was practicing for a good few hours over the weekend and started to get the hang of it and landing too. It is very satisfying. Previously only played the freeware and HPG with a controller and assists but since setting up my proper desk / rig / pedals I’m all-in on no assists!

What I don’t get is why on Earth the rotor rotation is not standardised between all helicopters. I mean a lot of the reaction to coordinate your hands and feet is muscle memory. Once I’ve got totally used to the Cabri, suddenly doing the opposite in the Bell is going to be super hard to adjust to!

It’s like if some car manufacturers made the brake pedal on the right and accelerator on the left… in the moment of an emergency you know what’s going to happen! That’s why these things are globally standardised. Why not in helicopters, where an emergency situation could (will) be a lot more dangerous than in a motor vehicle?

2 Likes

You adapt pretty quickly to the direction the rotor spins and if follow the pick-up I posted you will naturally use the appropriate pedal input. Once you are in flight and more specifically transitioning between flight and hover taxi/hover you will gradually react naturally to how the helicopter transitions into/out of ground effect and ETL.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.