Little Nav Map problem since Dec 22 update

Since this update I am unable to use LNM in the MSFS Patagonia bush trip.
If I start LNM before loading MSFS the sim runs fine, but as soon as the bush trip starts to load MSFS shuts down. If I run the bush trip without LNM it loads fine, but as soon as LNM is started MSFS shuts down.
The developer says the problem rests with Asobo

Think so. Iā€™m using LNM without problems so far.

2 Likes

Have to correct myself. Also got the second CTD in a row today with LNM active (flying normal flightplans, generated by LNM). I donā€™t know if itā€™s really LNM connected to the sim. Checking that outā€¦
@albar965 ?

Update: did 3 totally same flights with LNM connected/active. 3 CTD in a row. Did one without LNM connected/active (same flight). Also CTD!
So I canā€™t confirm itā€™s LNM.

1 Like

i had found that VFR map causes CTD in my case

ā€¦ and I bought EDDM airport yesterday. Regarding the aerosoft forums, it is causing CTDs.

What you can try is to disable traffic in the LNM connect dialog. This already caused stutters in the beginning until Asobo fixed it. Maybe it helps.

Apart from that I cannot help much. LNM has no issues with the other SimConnect based simulators and previous MSFS versions.

If one of the developers wants to contact me: Please do so. Iā€™d be glad to help.

Alex

4 Likes

So Iā€™ve disabled both AI ships as well as planes in the connection dialog, but for me personally, I still see these crashes to the desktop as soon as I launch the Nevada bush trip while LNM is running. Thanks for the input anyway - itā€™s too bad, I have been using LNM for a while now and this is the first time Iā€™m experiencing issues around it. Will have to make do with Navigraph for the time being, which oddly enough still works, though not of great use for VFR flights.

I am experiencing CTD with LNM as well.

As the OP, I have a CTD when I have LNM running and I launch the Nevada bush trip, it is an immediate CTD when I hit ā€˜Fly Now.ā€™

I also tried launching the flight, then LNM, and as soon as LNM was up, CTD.

Thanks for trying to help.
I tried your suggestions, unfortunately still have CTD.
Interestingly LNM works fine in MSFS landing challenges, seems only their bush trips have the problem.
Merry Christmas to you.

Too bad. Thanks for the feedback. Happy Holidays to you!

1 Like

Having this too. Since the Dec 22 update, MSFS crashes when loading the leg of a bush trip when LNM 2.6.6 is open. Opening LMP during a bush trip will also cause MSFS to crash. Didnā€™t have that problem with previous MSFS version.

1 Like

Hello, same here. I am using ā€œLittlenavconnectā€ and MSFS crashes!
i used the setup before Dec. 22 and it woorked without problems!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been plagued with CTDs since the last update and Iā€™ve always been using Little Navmap, currently at v2.6.6. I tend to start LN before the sim but with another CTD just now I waited till after the sim started and I was flying and then I started LN and I got an immediate sim CTD. The Navmap dev says that nothing has changed in Navmap since the last FS2020 update so the bug isnā€™t his.

Modsā€¦ Thanks for merging the post. Please donā€™t close this discussion saying that the forum is for bugs with default content only and not with third-party apps. The bug here is definitely in FS2020 and not elsewhere since everything was fine before the most recent update to FS2020 and the third party app Navmap has not changed.

Crash has stopped to reproduce for me on flights created on map - with settings as follows:
and manually connecting to MSFS after flight is started.
At least i havenā€™t seen crash since using settings as above for 5-6 flights (0.5 - 2h for each flight).

1 Like

Is this on free flight or an MSFS prefigured Bush flight.
Problem seems to be only on Bush flight

Free flight. It was before easily reproducing for me on free flight as well.

Hm, sadly for me it still crashes with exactly the same settings once I hit ā€œConnectā€ā€¦

I was trying to figure out why my sim suddenly started to crash on bush trips
as well, and this post realize it is definitely related to Little Nav Map for me
as well.
I am running LNM 2.6.6 which works perfect for free flights but gives a CTD
as soon as I try to fly a stage of any bush trip. It doesnt matter if I start the
stage first and then connect LNM or if I have LNM connected when starting
the stage, it crashes as soon as LNM try to get connection to the sim when
it is in a bush trip.
At least I now know why it is happening and hopefully it can be fixed, either
by LNM or by the sim team.
Maybe the sim developers donā€™t want any external tools during
bush trips? But at least they could then give an error message instead of a
silent CTD if that was the case.

Iā€™m still able to use Navigraph during bush trips, so I donā€™t believe that itā€™s intentional. They could also implement a proper error message instead of just crashing to the desktop if that were the case :slight_smile: