Little Navmap 3.0.6 stable version released (update 29)

Yup I don’t fly without it going on my second monitor

I always plan my route manually into the nav units so LNM map gives you all the info you need to plan a route

So I use LNM to

• get airport runway info like ILS & RNAV approach altitudes which seem to be accurate with the sim
  • Get approach charts; waypoints names don’t always match with fs2020 but it’s pretty close
  • Terrain information for VR flying
1 Like

Sorry, can’t fix this. This behavior is a part of the Qt library I’m using. I have no idea how to work around this.

Hi, Alex.

A little disappointed, (you were my last hope … :joy: :joy: :joy:) because I use a Samsung Odyssey 49" monitor and I no longer have space to install another display, then I will try to solve it with a tablet. What about the suggestion to try a modification in this sense in a next update? :wink:

Thank you anyway for the availability and attention to the users of your magnificent Mod!

Congratulations!

Wow, with a 49" monitor, you can certainly run MSFS in windows mode, and just have littlenavmap showing on the left or right next to the msfs window.

Been using it for about two months with no issues but for some reason starting today every time I start the sim with LVM it crashes to desktop after it connects. Changed nothing from my flights last night yet now I cannot get a single flight to work. Did a two hour flight without it, turned it on while taxing to my parking spot - insta crash. Anyone have any thoughts as how to fix this?

Edit: Took the advice in another post and disabled ‘fetch ai’ for aircraft and ships and now all seems to be working just as before. Odd that the issue randomly appeared though.

See posts above. Known issue introduced with the last MSFS update. I cannot fix this, sorry.

@albar965 I’m so sad that I cannot use the full functionality of LNM cos of the MSFS update. Will just have to wait.

Nevertheless there’s still so much to use and benefit. After starting to use LNM I find it so easy to search and decide where to fly, the fuel required, the procedures and METAR etc. etc.

I am really amazed at your thought process and technical expertise that has gone into the development and upgrades.

My heartfelt thanks for providing us all LNM.

2 Likes

Ok, I’ve been fighting with this ever since I started using LNM months ago. Perhaps it’s just me being a dumbass (and totally not discounting that possibility) and I haven’t found the right settings yet. Hence why I’m asking.

How do I prevent LNM from auto zooming out during my flight? I’d like to be able to set the zoom level I want and leave it there. But it always zooms back way out to a wide view.

I’ve enabled / disabled everything I could possibly think of, but I can’t get this to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

I think if you turn off the airplane follow icon the zoom stays the same, so you have to turn it on to find plane then right back off and set zoom. It won’t follow you now, but zoom reset doesn’t occur now when plane moves.
There is probably another setting in options, but the above solution works for me.

Thanks. That’s the only solution I’ve found so far that works. It’s less than ideal to say the least. If you lose the plane on the map, you click the plane icon to re-centre it, and it zooms back out again, forcing you to zoom back in. While it gives the desired effect of not automatically zooming out, it’s less than ideal if it can’t actually track my plane.

You can configure this in the options dialog on page simulator aircraft. See here in related chapter:
46.10.1. Aircraft Centering Options

Default is to keep the aircraft and next waypoint centered. User is allowed to move around the map and after a few seconds inactivity the map jumps back to aircraft and waypoint.
You can also choose a way to keep the aircraft centered only.

1 Like

Box size is what I believe I was looking for. Man, that’s not an easy option to find! About to load into a flight now and will test it out to see if it has the desired effect.

Thanks for the suggestion.

EDIT: It worked, @albar965. I disabled box mode and got it to follow full time, which is what I was looking for.Thank you very much, good sir. I appreciate the assistance.

Any chance we could have an undo button on the menu bar thanks

The CTD issue seems to have been resolved? I tried connecting LNM to MSFS just a while earlier and everything is fine.

Not sure if MSFS has done something on the server side.

1 Like

Still crashing for me ( latests update )

Try it with a bushtrip ( alaska for example )
Crashes 100% the minute i connect LNM

If it is a SimConnect problem it’ll surely take a bit more than a hotfix and we’ll see a (hopefully small) update. Until then it seems the crashing is sporadic and may be being influenced by something else - I’ve had trouble free flights and also instant CTD when starting LNM.

But Alex is the guy who wrote it and seems to know what the problem is. I’m sure he’ll let us know when it’s been sorted.

1 Like

There is undo in the flight plan menu and toolbar.

I have absolutely no idea what the problem is because it does not happen on my side.:man_shrugging:
As soon as LNM connect MSFS dies.
And yes. The crash happens randomly. I could not reproduce it except in bush flying missions.

1 Like

Hello, sorry if Im repeating a question.
But How can I add VFR points from my MSFS2020 to LNM.
I can see VRP VFR points in FS map, but when I load scenery to LNM, I see only IFR points.

I tried loading navigraph airac 2014 for fs2020 but still no VFR points.
When I load airspace from xplane11, VFR points show up.
any tips?

VRP are not included. You can load these for Austria and Italy as CSV from the web and import these as userpoints into LNM. Or you add your own.

I know, but somehow it can reads from Xplane11
and not from MSFS20
Here take a look