LittleNavMap in VR with WMR Portal

This sounds like what I am looking for, could you explain how you got it into your cockpit? Or reference the details? Your help is much appreciated.

1 Like

Which headset?

For Oculus:

• start Oculus Software
  • start the app you want to see in the cockpit
  • start MSFS and switch to VR
  • take the right controller and press the home button
  • on the upcoming bar press the + sign
  • in the list select the screen you want to see in the cockpit (in my case LittleNavMap or AirServer)
  • press the button below your middle finger and while you keep it pressed move and size the window to the place in the cockpit where you want it to stay (resize works with the thumb stick)
  • release middle finger
  • pin it with the small sign (2nd from left) in the status bar of the imported window
  • go abck to MSFS by pressing the related sign (waves) in the toolbar

For HP Reverb G2 with WMR:

• start WMR
  • start the app you want to see in the cockpit
  • start MSFS and switch to VR
  • take the right controller and press the windows button
  • on the upcoming screen select Apps on the right
  • in the list select the app you want to see in the cockpit (in my case LittleNavMap or AirServer)
  • press the button below your index finger and while you keep it pressed move and size the window to the place in the cockpit where you want it to stay
  • release index finger
  • pin it with the small sign (2nd from the right) in the title bar of the imported window
  • go abck to MSFS by pressing the windows button on the controller again

If you are using Airserver and import this window you can act with the app on your iPad but this has to be done „blind“ or lifting the VR goggles

AirServer is available as a test version for 30 days, Enough time to test it. There are also other tools like this avaqilable but AirServer seems to work the best for me. Onceinstalles on your PC you can mirror your IOS Device like to your AppleTV

Hope this helps. CU in the skies

6 Likes

WMR and your your notes are very helpful!! I look forward to playing around with this.

Thanks for the help!

Sorry, another dumb question. Does “GitHub - bymaximus/msfs2020-toolbar-little-nav-map: Microsoft FlightSimulator 2020 Toolbar LittleNavMap window” install LittleNavMap as well, or is it only the bit that adds a pre-installed LNM to the in-game toolbar?

Need NFL, this just the in-the-VR-Toolbar-bit

LittleNavMap hast to be installed and run and in LNM the webserver has to be started. Works very well for me.

Hi, I succeeded in installing this toolbar addon for LittleNavMap “GitHub - bymaximus/msfs2020-toolbar-little-nav-map: Microsoft FlightSimulator 2020 Toolbar LittleNavMap window”. But all it does is bring up a map centered on my aircraft. How can I access airport info, approach plates, ILS frequencies (a previous user stated that he uses it to bring up ILS frequencies), etc?

Thats currently not possible. Showing the map with flightplan is the only functrionalty. It more or less only a better VFR map than the one from MSFS.

Too bad! But thanks for your helpful reply!

I need help here. As far as I can tell, I’m pretty sure that I have follwed all of these steps correctly but with no success. I can see the apps Navigraph and LNM in the “Classic apps” in the VR menu. I can get the window to open in the VR cockpit and place it where I want it but apps are not working. It doesn’t matter if I have the app already running or not, the result is the same. When I try to use the app in the VR window, it says loading but after that, it just has the apps icon in the middle of the window, not the actual app. What am I doing wrong?
I also downloaded the “GitHub - bymaximus/msfs2020-toolbar-little-nav-map: Microsoft FlightSimulator 2020 Toolbar LittleNavMap window ”, unzipped it and put it in my community folder but this doesn’t appear in my vr toolbar in the sim either. Again, what am I missing or doing wrong?

Open up Little navmap on your desktop, navigate in the top menu (one of the menu’s) and make sure “Webserver running” is set. There should be a connections submenu where you can turn it on.
Then return to the game and it should work.

I managed (Reverb G2) to have one classic app window in MSF2020: when startting the app in the WMR Portal (the “cliff house”) the “focus” must be in the headset (by Win-Y). Then the app for which “follow me” (icon in the upper-right corner of the app window) option was selected will appear in MFS2020. While VR controller are not normally visible in MFS2020, when the “follow me” app is visible in MFS2020, the controller becomes visible when pointed at the app window and can be used to fine tune app window positioning.
The mouse moves seamlesly betwen the cokckpit (MFS “3d mouse”) and the app. In the app the mouse is a bit erratic, however I don’t use the MFS 3d mouse, as I have all necessary switches and knobs bound to physical switches/buttons/encoders.
I tested it so far during 15 min. flight with SkyDemon and at some point it dissaperared (with some strange message from WMR about “slate” and “immersive application” if I remeber correctly),
I wil continue investigting with SkyDemon, Pilot2ATC and OneNote (as a kneeboard on which I can have images, pdf files and I can make some notes with my Wacon tablet laying on my lap).

It’s not as good as the options available under SteamVR, however for mee the native OpenXR drivers provide smoother FPS compared to Steam implementation of OpenXR.

EDIT 2: Unfortunattely, SkyDemon is being stopped after ca. 10 min. with the error message from WMR saying the “slate app” (SkyDemon) is not compatible with “immersive application” (MFS2020).

Piper, I tried all this but when I start Airserver it only shows an icon and not the window. Any ideas?

Do you start air server out of VR on your desktop? Then you should see a “normal” window for Airserver otherwise something went wrong with your Airserver installation.

I started airserver out on the desktop in 2D. Then I get the iPad info up on airserver. Then I start MSFS in 2D. Then after getting in plane, I start VR. When I go to the VR desktop after that and go to “Classic Apps” to get Airserver, it will not load up in VR.

Thanks for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.