Live AI Traffic

The last few days I have been hanging out at KORD in drone mode…hovering around the tower so I could see the planes coming and going.

Hardly any at all. Maybe 1 or 2 taking off but none landing.

I finally got bored with this LOL!! So I took the drone over to check out the City.

As I started to move over to the City all of a sudden I’ve got all kinds of incoming traffic.

It’s like the Sim said we ain’t showing anything until he moves away from the Airport.

They are like coming in one after the other. Why?

Again, I sat at the airport for 2 days and hardly any live AI. Finally moved from the airport and they are all over the place.

And outbound is just as crazy!! :man_shrugging:

FAA shut down traffic, there was a drone hovering over the field :wink:

10 Likes

…and moved back to the Airport and it now looks like this:

I’ve experienced this, too. I was hanging out at Changi, Singapore, this morning to watch the traffic (AI offline) and once I’d wandered some way off the Airport airspace I was starting to see arrivals and departures. It took about 10 minutes for the AI to ‘wake up’ and start performing, but it is there.

It has been like this for months.

Try searching the forum before you post, please.

1 Like

Apologies!

I’ve read about the lack of traffic, but I don’t remember specifically reading about it changing when flying a drone away from the airport - so I don’t see a problem with the post.

No problem It is simply that if there are new threads about previously notified issues Asobo never get to see them. Better to add to existing threads and to send Zendesk a bug report.

Mind you, Asobo only see what they want to see, apparently.

Thanks

The Ai Traffic is a complete mess. It has nothing to do with drones.

@rp198419 do you know the exact thread I should have posted this on. I will gladly do that.

However, “Mind you, Asobo only see what they want to see, apparently” doesn’t give me confidence that it matters…to be honest. :man_shrugging:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/still-no-night-lighting-on-ramps-gates-or-stands-at-default-airports/264178

You can vote but Asobo really couldn’t care less.

Most users/players seem to be GA and sightseers (nothing wrong with that if that’s their preference) so don’t fly at night and don’t care about airport lighting or procedures.

Asobo isn’t really interested in IFR and clearly, judging by their miserable attempt at IFR navigation so far, don’t have the expertise to improve it.

Thank goodness for FBW and WT.

1 Like

This guy made a freeware fix for some of it

Yes…and we are grateful for his efforts.

However, with 37,000 default airports in MSFS, Asobo need to force the AI to add night-lighting to commercial airline gates, if nothing else.

This should have been done from the start but airliners and IFR were never the point of this ‘flight simulator’ which, from the start, has been designed and sold around the amazing scenery.

More of a ‘scenery simulator with a GA flying game attached’ than anything to do with IFR or commercial airliners.

I would love nothing less as a wide screen enthusiast.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.